40| The Two Men

U N T O L D
T R U T H
chapter forty

U N T O L D T R U T H chapter forty

It's Tuesday. In other words, my second last day being stuck here. After not knowing how long my recovery here would be, my doctor finally told me this morning that I can leave on Thursday is all goes according to plan.

I have never been happier to hear that news.

Although I have to spend today and tomorrow alone in the hospital for at least seven hours. I had the luxury of my friends being with me Sunday and yesterday too, as well as Liam visiting in the afternoon. But mom wouldn't let them take anymore time off school for me.

Flynn and Dianna should be there any minute now anyway since they had a free period at the end of the day.

I'm glad now I can get on and off the bed without help, and I'm fine to walk around. At least I can be fully capable of taking care of myself.

I stare back at my reflection in the mirror, the noticeable bags under my eyes screaming for a more comfortable bed. I sigh and look away once I have washed my hands.

I unlock the bathroom door and exit it so that the lady who was waiting can use it. The hall where my room is seems to be quiet today. There are two nurses stationed behind a desk in front of computers, and a few new people hobbling down the hall.

One of them is a young girl- maybe twelve. Her eyes are set painfully to the ground and her teeth bite down on her lip while her two parents help her walk. It's obvious she was undergone her own surgery.

I wouldn't be surprised if her and I are walking at the same slow speed. With every step I still feel the wound and stitches.

"Violet-" a deep voice says my name and an arm drops down on my shoulder. Whoever it is, I have no slight hint who they are or why they feel the need to creep me out. "Long time no see."

My heart rate rapidly starts to rise since they know my name and that their arm is heavily draped over my shoulders. I can't take it off.

Through my wide eyes, I turn and see a figure wearing a deep navy blue hoodie. The face inside the material burns through my mind. It's one of the four which forever have, and will be imprinted into the darkest part of my mind.

"You and I are going to talk a walk." His arm on my shoulder steers me in the direction I was originally walking, just passing the nurses desk.

My lungs seize and body tries it's hardest not to tremble in fear. I'm in a public place, nothing bad can happen- I have to remind myself.

Looking ahead I can see another one of the men who killed Sebastian a few doors down with a similar hoodie over his head, and his hands in his pockets as he leans against a wall.

My eyes shoot beside us to the nurses as we slowly pass them, and I realise the severity of my situation. There is no way I would walk away alive from this. Without me in Anthony Graham's court case, they had no witness.