14| Scandalous

U N T O L D
T R U T H
chapter fourteen

       After a week and three days, I still am clenching my jaw because I never got the opportunity to ask Kyle Reynolds anymore questions about what he knows

Aunt Paula practically hogged him and wouldn't let him go so that I could wedge in a single word of my own. The only thing I got from him before he left for Hamilton was the little slip of paper that has his phone number on it.

The trip was been good for clearing my mind of Hamilton, but instead it was filled with Aunt Paula's voice complaining about something and then Kendall loudly groaning as she would remind me just how much her mom annoys her.

That trip had ended. Aunt Paula would drive me to another type of insanity if I stayed any longer. So, I said my goodbye and drove all the way back to Hamilton.

Mom seemed a little lost when I arrived home, but after a day she was fine. She still was her same stress filled self, but that is out reality now.

      It's sadly a Monday today. To add to my gathering list of things making me nervous, I had messaged Kyle yesterday so I wasn't being rude. That single message resulted in him insisting he drives me to school because it's also his first day on the job.

      A part of me is confused to whether or not he knows the law- because I'm certain this is illegal. Yet, somehow I'm sitting in the front of Kyle's small silver car.

      To make things worse, he parks in an available parking space right in the front. I immediately see Dianna and Flynn speaking tiredly to each other as they stand out the front of the school.

      I had messaged Dianna to say I was going to be at school today, which is why I assume she's waiting out the front- for me.

       "Is that-" Kyle trails off as he ducks his head to stare out the front of school. His eyes are focused on Flynn as he unbuckles his seatbelt.

     "Flynn Davis?" I finish, turning my head away when Dianna looks our way. "Yep. And you decided to park practically in front of them, so they can see the both of us. If Flynn stalked Sebastian's old social media, he'll definitely know who you are. Violet and the new PE teacher showing up together, it sounds-"

                           "Scandalous?"

     "Illegal." I deadpan after he tries making a joke. It only makes him laugh and take the keys out of the ignition.

        "Who cares." He shrugs and opens his door. I follow his actions and climb out of the car quickly. "Seb said no one cares about anything in Hamilton."

          I sigh in agreement. You can even get away with murder.

      "Where do you need to go first?" I ask, changing the subject as fast as I can. I lead him towards the entrance of the school, earning a few questionable glances from my peers.