17| Hamilton Hospital

U N T O L D
T R U T H
chapter seventeen

       By the time I followed Flynn into his room, which is the old basement, I started to feel worse

By the time I followed Flynn into his room, which is the old basement, I started to feel worse. My cheeks burn more than usual, and I feel the need to lay down to sleep.

I not only look sick- I feel it. My body is warm, but I feel freezing. It's all tiring me out and making me dread meeting the Davis parents like this.

"Flynn-" I pause to gain his attention. "You're being weird." For the past few minutes, he has been staring at me creepily from across the sofa. I had thought he had spaced out thinking about Dianna, and his eyes had happened to be stuck in my direction. Although now it was getting awkward.

"How?" He blinks a few times as he asks. He stretches his arms above his head and let's a yawn out in the process.

I frown at him. "You said you wanted to talk, yet you're sitting there staring straight through me." He scratches the side of his face and clears his throat.

"Right, sorry." He is finally pulled out of his dazed state after minutes. Sitting still on the couch waiting for him to say something irritated my lower back. I wanted to shift around, but that would make the situation awkward.

"So-" I drawl out when he goes silent again. His previous fight with Dianna has taken a toll on his concentration. "What was it that you wanted to talk about?"

Suddenly his unfocused posture goes stiff and his eyebrows raise like he has been caught off guard. Flynn clears his throat and rubs the palm of his hand on his jeans over his knee.

        "Can I ask you something?" Straying further from his first intentions of talking, he slides himself over on the couch so the large gap between us is minimised.

         "Yeah." I drawl out slowly and try to assess his constant changing features so I can figure out where his mind is. One moment he's floating in the clouds with thoughts, the next he is either clammy or alert.

      "The afternoon when you told me that you were with Sebastian, did you only do it because you wanted me to be away from you?" He asks.

    It is almost like the roles had been reversed. I wasn't questioning myself anymore of the Davis's didn't want to be my friend anymore, but Flynn is. "You had the right to know." I completely skip the part where we had kissed. "I figured I couldn't leave it for any longer."

      "So, it wasn't because I kissed you?" The single sentence sent my body into panic mode. I wouldn't think of myself as an awkward person, but the topic of that night definitely makes me nervous- therefore I become awkward.

      I had hoped to avoid this conversation for as long as possible. I can admit to myself that the kiss was the best one I had experienced- although it was only competing with young pubescent Violet and either boys at a party, or in a game of truth or dare. Not even times I managed to make out with someone I use to like was anything like it.