31| The Rooftop

U N T O L D
T R U T H
chapter thirty one

U N T O L D T R U T Hchapter thirty one

I am in trouble- big trouble. My visiting rights have been lost, and my stay here has become so much worse. After the night nurse had found me sleuthing in their out of bounds staff room, I was dragged back up stairs and pushed back into the isolation room until she had come back to blast her questions at me.

Adding to the list of troubles, in the time she was gone she had checked my own record and saw that I should of taken a sleeping pill, so it makes my image look worse since they are aware this was a planned action.

I hadn't told her why I was down there, I used the familiar words Paige once told me like; 'exploring' and 'bored being stuck here' to convince them it was harmless.

She didn't send me back to my room, I had to stay in the horrid chair in the middle of the room for what I assume was all night. I couldn't sleep, my newly diagnosed insomnia dancing on my mind for hours.

All of the panic and anxiety I was feeling sent pains back down to my lower back, either that or the chair was torturing it. Either way, Penn Sterling is doing more damage than good.

Now, I have no clue what time it is. There's not one sign to let me know if the sun is out, and it's feeding more anxiety to my mind that I don't need.

I stand up off the chair and go to the door that is the only thing keeping me in here, banging my fists loudly against it. "Hello? I want to go home now!" I yell in hopes someone would here.

No answer. I'm not surprised, but I wanted it to try whatever I can to get out of here. My own doctor being friends with a man who helped kill Sebastian Reynolds is a whole new level.

I feel sick wondering if Doctor Graham knows that I was there, that I witnessed his friend kill an innocent boy. My name and face was kept from most televised broadcasts and newspapers, and Sebastian's death only impacted Hamilton as well as the neighbouring towns.

Doctor Graham is too far away to have known all the details about it, which strikes my thoughts in why his friend was all the way in Hamilton.

I slam my palms against the door again. "I'm here on my own terms, and I want to leave now!" I'm met with silence again, which in response I groan loud enough for them to also here if anyone is even near the door.

I pace the small room in desperation to get blood flow through my legs after sitting in the chair for so long. Sitting in Penn Sterling so much makes me want to take track up again.

I never thought I would admit to missing both school and track. Staying here forced me to see how easy school really is compared to being forced to sit at a table for an hour and colour in or paint what we are feeling.

My head snaps to the door so fast I feel waves of sickness crash over me, as it opens. Doctor Graham stands there staring back at me with disappointed eyes and a hand on his hip.