21| Judgemental Decisions

U N T O L D
T R U T H
chapter twenty one

        It was as if Flynn and Dianna had never been told their parents aren't actually their parents

It was as if Flynn and Dianna had never been told their parents aren't actually their parents. As I lean against my locker I watch Dianna dramatically wave her arms around as she tells Camila some sort of story across the hall. Flynn is handing a teacher his work, engaged in an educational talk.

It makes me smile knowing after everything, things are slowly turning out okay and I have people I can call friends. I have someone who likes me more than a friend- someone who technically is my boyfriend. The word settles weirdly within me, since it's not something I'm use to.

Although having friends pushes some sort of guilt in my chest. I glance across the other side of the lockers where Liam Fields is almost trying to stay hidden behind his open locker. Alone.

His best and only friend isn't here because I had forced him to stop at the park. I took his friend from him, and now I have all the friends I need- including Flynn who is Sebastian's identical twin. I can sense his sorrow from across the hall.

He steals quick glances at Flynn who is distracted by a teacher, and I feel guilty as ever for causing his worries. He blames me for Sebastian's death, and I'm okay with that- I do too.

"We should go to a party tomorrow night." Camila suddenly appears in front of me wearing a suggestive smile and raised eyebrows. "Just me and you, like old times sake?"

The idea doesn't seem comfortable with me. Being in a crowded place with teenagers who hate me isn't appealing. "Maybe not." I glance over her shoulder to see where Dianna had gone- and I find her with her brother and the teacher. "I don't know if it's the best idea." I am suppose to be going out with Flynn tonight, and then if I were to go out with Camila the following day, my mom would have to spend two nights alone. I don't like the thought of that.

"Nonsense." She waves her hand to dismiss my words. "We'll walk from your house. The party is closer to yours than mine." She doesn't take no as an answer. I had missed partying with Camila, but it's a very different time compared to a few years ago.

"Please tell me I'm not the only one who really doesn't want to go." Dianna groans out as she adjusts the tote bag with her change of clothes in it. "I already hate PE enough."

"Blame Mr Reynolds. They never did this until he started here." Camila crosses her arms after huffing. Instead of having a normal PE lesson today, Kyle Reynolds had planned for the two third and forth period sport classes to spend it in some park and lake just out of town. We even are suppose to spend our next break there instead of the cafeteria.

"Are you still complaining about the excursion?"
Flynn joins us all and smiles at his sister who looks disgruntled.

"Yes, and I won't stop the whole time until it's over." Dianna crosses her arms. "I can't believe they even have the option to do swimming lessons in the lake. It's disgusting. I don't want to do the track courses, but I chose it because I'm staying on land and not with the fishes."