46| Be Afraid

U N T O L D
T R U T H
Chapter forty six

U N T O L D T R U T H Chapter forty six

I have always been a runner. Running was suppose to take any thoughts or fears I have. It's why I started track anyway. It was my release. I loved it.

But now, I'm running for fear.

As I force myself to keep going, my feet fall through the thick layers of snow that cover the sidewalk and front yards. I try my hardest not to slip over, and I ignore both my extremely wet shoes, and the burning pain from my surgery wound. 

These feelings mean nothing to me. I don't care about any of these. All I care about is making it to Flynn's house fast enough to know if he is there. Both he and Dianna have targets on their backs, so if those two men truely are back- I can't imagine it's for good purposes.

I can see his house right in front of me. I had ran so fast that I managed to get myself here in less than a minute. I need to know if he is okay.

I run up the few stairs to the porch- almost sliding off them because of the thin layer of ice over the tiled steps. The Davis family home's large mahogany door makes a loud thud as my body collides with the wood. I had been going so fast I didn't have the chance to stop to open the door.

My hand twists the handle, finding the door already unlocked. My stomach churns thinking about all the bad and horrible things that could of happened from something as little as an unlocked door.

The door to my house was locked before I had opened it, then been attacked. Anyone- more specific the two men, easily could have let theirselves in.

I throw the door open and burst into the Davis's house, and continue to run straight towards Flynn's bedroom to let this aching pain of worry fade from my chest.

I can hear concerned voices shout from other places of the house, and I know they belong to the Davis parents and Dianna, but I don't stop to answer them. My only concern if Flynn's safety right now.

I run down the hall where the door to the old basement is, and once I reach Flynn's door I throw the unlocked door open. I had hoped with all my heart to see him in his room, pacing around to get ready.

But instead his room is empty. The light is switched on, his things are set around the room as normal, and his bed is perfectly made.

He's not here.

I feel sick. Dizzy. Sad. Scared. Frozen. I can't seem to find the right feeling that has consumed my body. I'm stuck in the doorway in front of the stairs that go down to his room, staring at the empty space with sharp pains in my heart.

I shouldn't of let him go home by himself. He doesn't let me walk to my house alone- so why did I let him leave my house?

It's my fault again.