19| Argreement

U N T O L D
T R U T H
chapter nineteen

      "So I was thinking-" Flynn manages to startle me at my locker, almost making me hit the open door with my hand

"So I was thinking-" Flynn manages to startle me at my locker, almost making me hit the open door with my hand. "Sorry." He chuckles as I calm myself. I don't know how he didn't expect me to be scared when he appeared from behind me. "I was thinking that we should skip getting ice cream."

"What? Why?" I didn't want to admit it, but I was excited about being able to get ice cream with just Flynn.

     "Because I found this place that has both ice cream and bowling. It looks like fun." My mood lightens when his intentions of not wanting to get ice cream are to make room for a bigger plan.

    "Sounds good to me." I agree to going before I ask for when it is. It's not like I have other plans, but if I did I would cancel them for it. "Is Dianna upset that she can't come?"

      He shakes his head as I close my locker. "I told her that we're not going to Hamilton Melts anymore, so she's let down that she can't crash our date." His words process in my head faster than he realises he says them.

He called it a date. I prefer the simplicity behind the informal way of creating something that most people work up to be a significant thing.

His face turns to a soft pink, but he seems relieved when I don't make a jurassic reaction. "We can always go to Hamilton Melts as a group some other time so she doesn't feel a need to crash anything."

       "Yeah, that would make her feel better." He agrees with my suggestion. His eyebrows shoot up suddenly. "I forgot to tell you that I tried to get information out of Mr Reynolds."

          He emphasises 'tried', silently telling me he had no luck. "How'd it go?" I still ask despite knowing the answer.

      Flynn huffs out a breath. "Terrible. He did anything he could to avoid talking to me in general. I understand it might freak him out that I look like his cousin, but he dismissed me instantly."

"He'll talk to me." I step beside Flynn to start walking towards the PE teachers offices. I still have at least ten minutes until the first bell for class rings, and I can see Flynn is desperate to discover who Sebastian really is to him. There's no point in letting his mind string after answers any longer.

"Wait-" he grabs my forearm and stops me from walking. "I'd prefer it if you didn't, since he doesn't seem to grasp the concept of you being a student."

"It's fine." I reassure him as he let's go of my arm. "If he knew Sebastian was adopted, then he obviously knows more than that. Besides, he's harmless."

"That's not what I meant." Flynn interjects when he now follows me down the hall. "He may be harmless, but I still don't trust him."

"You don't need to trust him. All we need is for his information he has on Sebastian, then you don't need to speak to him again."