8| The Four Men

U N T O L D
T R U T H
chapter eight

      It had taken a lot of convincing, but somehow Flynn had managed to get me to go with him today for a walk

It had taken a lot of convincing, but somehow Flynn had managed to get me to go with him today for a walk. He wanted to talk more about Sebastian and figuring out his family. He also said it could be a good way for him to get familiar with the small town.

Little did I know this walk would be early in the morning on a Saturday, so I tried to deny it as much as I could.

Although, Flynn had taken it upon himself to walk to my house, knock on the door and my mom let him in. He jumped on my bed and poked my shoulder until I caved in and agreed to going for a walk. It's freezing.

I had settled for wearing a pair of leggings and a slightly oversized hoodie to provide warmth against the cold air.

"And she's awake." Flynn applauds when I march down the stairs, a frown on my face from a lack of sleep.

"I'm going to get you back for this, Davis." I stuff my hands in my pockets when I turn to my mom who had been standing back watching my interaction with Sebastian's look alike. "I'll be back soon." I bid my goodbye to her cautious eyes.

She hasn't come to terms with me being friends with Flynn Davis. It still shocks her to look at him, especially the two of us together.

Flynn and I leave the house as I shut the door behind us. "Which way first?" He asks whilst walking down the stairs.

"There's a trail that runs along the back of old warehouses and buildings if you wanted to walk there?" I suggest my old track I would run. I hadn't been there in a while, I figured it could be good. He nods and falls instep with me as we start walking down my street. "Did you ask Dianna if she wanted to come this morning?"

       Flynn chuckles. "Yeah. She had pretty much the same response as you, just a lot more stubborn. I'm guess I'm the only early morning riser out of all of us."

      I agree with him, early mornings are definitely not my thing. If I was ever up early, it's a forced reason. Like today.

    "Do you know if Sebastian has any siblings? Other relatives?" The questions immediately roll him from him just as we turn the corner to walk towards the trees where the trail would start.

    "I only ever knew of his mother and his cousin." I answer honestly.

    We step onto the gravel trail, entering behind abandoned buildings and warehouses. Some of them are cool to explore, there's even one I would go to growing up that you could walk through that links to other open spaces- then exits to a ladder.

      "Does his cousin life in Hamilton?" He questions further, kicking a small pebble. I shake my head. "What's his cousin's name?"

     "Kyle Reynolds. I'm pretty sure he's be in his mid twenties by now." I think back to the few times Sebastian would talk about him when he sat at our table, and the few occasions I met him.