42| The Reynolds

U N T O L D
T R U T H
chapter forty two

"Flynn, you need to get up and get ready

"Flynn, you need to get up and get ready. You only have half an hour." I huff out and look down at the brown haired boy who has his head resting on my chest.

"But I want to stay here." He complains and makes me effort to move either of his arms that are wrapped around under my chest. I bite down on my cheek as he does so since I can feel the same dim pain from my stitches.

"If this is about everyone-"

"What? No!" My boyfriend's head practically flies up as I start to mention tonight's plans. In half an hour, his biological family are all suppose to be arriving to meet the Davis children. I can see how anxious he is about it. "I want to stay here because I love you and I want all your affection. Can you keep running your fingers through my hair like you were before?"

Flynn grabs my hand and lays his head back down so he can force my fingers into his hair. I laugh at him. "I love you too, but you need to get up otherwise your mom will be mad. Besides, every time you move it hurts my-"

"Vi! You should of told me earlier!" Those few magic words make him practically shoot upwards, triggering that annoying pain that hasn't gone away, and won't until it's completely healed.

"It's okay-"

"No, it's not. I completely forgot." Flynn shakes his head and finally gets off his bed. He has been up all day, but as soon as there was about an hour until everyone should start to arrive, he crawled straight into his bed. "I'll get ready now, only if you let me practice that twist thing again." I can't help but laugh again at my boyfriend as I realise he is referring to a plait.

Once he had started to stay every night at my house when I got back from the hospital, Flynn realised how much of a nightmare my hair truely is of a night. If he wasn't accidentally smothering me with his arm, my hair was ticking him away constantly.

So, I put it in a loose plait to keep it away, and Flynn weirdly wanted to try and do it. After many, many attempts he managed to get the hang of it. Every night now he won't even let me touch my hair because he wants to do it for me.

"You know, you can always practice on Dianna too." I say as I take my time getting off his bed so I can go an get a hair tie from my bag.

"Yeah, but Dianna's hair only just grew past her shoulders. Yours is almost to your waist, it's more fun to play with." Flynn tells me as he carelessly changes into a pair of jeans and his mustard coloured jumper. I don't think he knows what privacy is.

"You don't have long, so make it snappy." I teasingly smile at Flynn to add unnecessary stress for him, and hand over a hair tie.

"Very funny Vi." He deadpans and while twirling his finger for me to turn around so he can plait my hair. Despite that I prefer wearing my hair out, I don't mind that Flynn wants to plait it. I think he is just so nervous that he's doing anything he can to think about other things. "If everyone gets here and I'm still doing this, then they can wait."