36| I Love You

U N T O L D
T R U T H
chapter thirty six

School oddly enough died down so that it is back to as normal as it can be for Hamilton

School oddly enough died down so that it is back to as normal as it can be for Hamilton. The only excitement in school was watching Dianna grow visibly frustrated any time someone would make a comment about Liam Field's now spending time with is. At one point she was one comment away from shoving Nancy Dennis into the lockers.

It's Thursday morning now before school, and I am trying to close my locker whilst wiping my nose against the sleeve of my black cardigan. I snuck into school a lot earlier than normal so I could avoid Camila parking out the front of my house and blaring her car horn into the beat of happy birthday.

I don't dislike, or like my birthday. I tolerate it, but I personally am tired of celebrating it. It's the same thing, over and over again. Mom woke up early this morning before work so she could burst into my room signing off key, and shoving a few gifts in my hands.

I was upset she had spent quite a bit of money on me since she has a lot of upcoming bills that she should be prioritising now that I'm eighteen- meaning no more child support payments. They were what was keeping us above float since most won't into the groceries.

I would of been okay with celebrating if I hadn't woken up with a cold. My body is weak and exhausted, even though I managed to score at least four hours of sleep last night.

"Happy birthday!" A deep voice yells from across the quiet hall. My lips press together when I see the other early three students lingering in the hall turn their focus to me.

My eyes fall on Liam Fields who walks down the hall with his track bag hanging from his shoulder. "Thank you." I say when he his close enough to hear. "How was track this morning?"

One thing I don't miss about track is being at school super early on a Thursday morning for it. "It was good, I just wish we weren't in winter at the moment for it." He answers and wipes his forehead with a sweat towel, despite having no trace of sweat on his face. "I need to go change into my sport uniform and not the track wear, I'll see you later."

I nod before the blonde boy continues his track down the hall, and my phone starts ringing from my back pocket. I take it out and glance at the screen, seeing a double chin photo of Camila taking the space up.

"Hello?" I answer and lean against the cold lockers. I feel it through my thick long sleeve shirt and cardigan over top to keep me warm.

I sigh when Camila screams through the phone, singing happy birthday worse than my mom had this morning. "I stopped at your house, but you weren't there." She says once her earsplitting singing was finished.

"Yeah, I had a feeling you would show up and disturb the neighbourhood." I wipe my nose again while my eyes scan around the hall. Slowly, more students are starting to show up.