16| Betrayal

U N T O L D
T R U T H
chapter sixteen

      "This has to stop, you know that right?" I turn my head and raise my brows at Kyle the moment he parks the car, yet again at the front of the school

"I have no clue what you're speaking about." Kyle pulls the keys out of the car and shoots a smile my way. This morning right as I went to leave, Kyle's car was parked out the front of my house waiting for me.

I desperately wanted to throw any excuse for him not to drive me to school, because it is unprofessional for the both of us, but I couldn't find anything valid.

"You're going to get fired." I sing out teasingly, hoping to rub another excuse in. I grab my bag and scramble out of the car when he climbs out. I try to ignore the awful pain in my lower back that has been bugging me since I woke up this morning.

"Samuelson practically is in love with me. I doubt I'll getting fired any time soon." I want to roll my eyes at him because something as little as his last name giving him instant appreciation from everyone.

      "Well, he hates me and that would be enough to change his mind." I don't mean to be intentionally rude to Kyle about driving me to school, but I have my own car to drive me- and it's illegal for him to anyway.

                         "He's not that-"

        "Mr Reynolds." The very stern and sarcastic voice behinds me almost makes me feel her annoyed stare. "I'm sure you have another students to," she pauses. "Review homework with."

        My cheeks instantly heat up from her words that don't faze her, and Kyle loudly coughs with his hand to his chest. I didn't expect anything bold to come from her mouth like that.

      Kyle doesn't even get a word out as he tries to stop the coughs erupting from his throat. He rubs his fist against his chest and walks away, without sparing a glance.

         Once the heat of the awkward moment was over, I find myself laughing when I look at Dianna. "You're welcome, by the way." She turns around so we can go into the school, but she runs into her own brother. "Seriously Flynn, how blind are you?"

      She blames the accident on him, when clearly he was standing still and she turned into him. He frowns down at her. "Someone sounds happy today." His tease makes her roll her eyes and cross her arms.

     Things between Flynn and I aren't back to how they were before. Well, for me it isn't. I feel more nervous than I ever have before around him because I don't know what do say or how to react.

     "Does he drive you to school now?" I don't realise I had gained Flynn's attention until he starts asking me a question. His eyes glance at the car behind Dianna and I, where moments ago Kyle and I got out of.