50| Restricted Words

U N T O L D
T R U T H
chapter fifty

I hear them before they even enter the Davis family house

I hear them before they even enter the Davis family house. Even through the conversation between my family and the Davis's, I sifted their voices out. I'm not sure if anyone else knows they're approaching the house yet.

I ignore the light chatter which had started in the living room, and has now migrated to the kitchen. I enjoying lying quietly in Flynn's bed with him. It was peaceful after more than a long forty eight hours not knowing if he was okay.

He didn't say much at all. I kept rubbing his back the same way he would whenever I wasn't well, and let him take a few moments. I knew he had cried for a while despite his attempts to hide it, but I could feel my neck becoming damp from his tears.

Eventually Laine let herself into his room and encouraged her son to come out and have something to eat. As much as I would of loved to spend the rest of the day in bed, I agreed with Laine. I practically forced him up and to the kitchen.

"I'll be one second." Laine excuses herself from the kitchen when a loud knock at the door rings through the house. It sounded like one of the girls had rammed their foot against the wood several times.

I turn back down to the kitchen island to check Flynn's plate, ensuring myself that he had eaten all of the food that Laine prepared on his plate. There barely is any crumbs left on the white crockery. He must of been so starved.

"Violet-" as soon as I felt a gentle nudge on my side, I realise mom was trying to talk to me. I blink a few times. Despite my eyes being already opened, the sunlight from the window floods my eyes like I had only just woken up.

I had zoned out again. I never realise when I'm doing it. One moment I was checking that Flynn had eaten, the next moment in time is blank to me. "Yeah?"

"Would you like something to eat?" Mom had been trying to ask me if I was hungry. I had eaten a sandwich at the Fields's house a while ago, and somehow that has kept me tied over.

"I'm okay, thanks." I answer quietly and mom nods, taking another sip of her tea in front of her. There's only three stools at the island, two of which mom and George are sitting on, and the other where Flynn is. Liam is standing at the end beside Flynn, and Matthew Davis is standing on the opposite side. I had been lying in bed so much that I couldn't sat it sit down for a minute more.

Which is how I have ended up standing between mom's seat and Flynn's. The whole time had either had his hand wrapped around my hand, or holding a loose part of my jacket. Normally I would of felt uncomfortable being around both sets of parents with so much physical attention from Flynn.

His stool is spun around so he is facing my mom, his legs spread just enough so he could pull my body between them and have an arm around my waist.