25| The Son

U N T O L D
T R U T H
chapter twenty five

    Mom had finally calmed down after finding out that Camila and I had snuck out to go a high school party which involved underage drinking

    Mom had finally calmed down after finding out that Camila and I had snuck out to go a high school party which involved underage drinking. Despite it being several days, it was a relief that I am allowed to hangout with my friends outside of school now.

     I have never been grounded before, so going to school then coming straight home without being able to go for ice cream, or visit the Davis family home was odd. Although it isn't anything that I wasn't use to.

       It's Friday now, and mom has asked for the Davis family to have dinner at our house tonight. I have been left waiting at home all afternoon by myself. I had asked Flynn and Dianna if they wanted to come over straight after school finished, but they both had to take a make up test they he had missed to travel to the hospital.

          Flynn had told me that the doctor they had tried to speak to for answers claimed to having no understanding of who their birth father would be. Flynn said the whole situation seemed too glossed over and unrealistic since their facility has strict visiting rules for patients.

      He was deflated after chasing unanswered questions. The idea of his birth being one big cover up heavily looms over him, and the mystery weighs down his shoulders. I know with time and a lot of thought, I would be able to figure how to get the answers he wants.

      Flynn tried being confrontational and hunted answers down. I want to try my own attempt to hunt for the truth. After knowing Flynn, Sebastian, and Dianna's birth is being hidden for an unknown reason, it made me rethink Sebastian's death.

      Since I haven't been able to sleep properly for days, it gave me a lot of time to be haunted in bed by the the realisation of how easy it would of been for those four men to kill me too. I hadn't died- but Sebastian did. They couldn't of done a lot worse to anyone else, but only Sebastian took the fall.

   I want to find out why, and if they are connected.

       I glance up in my bathroom mirror after finishing washing my hands, my eyes noticing the redness under my eyes which reminds me of my life without sleeping pills.

          I sigh and dry my hands before walking back into my room to collapse on my bed. My hand immediately reaches for my phone to see that it is four o'clock now, meaning Flynn and Dianna would be here in ten minutes, then all of our parents an hour later.

       A knock echos in the house. I smile as I drop my phone on my bed and run out of my bedroom so I can answer the door. Flynn and Dianna must of finished their test earlier than expected, so thankfully I don't have to lounge around alone for another moment.

I unlock and open the door, expecting to meet the two smiling brunette's who would of barge in to brag who thought they did better in their test. But it's not. A boy with strawberry blonde hair and his hands on his hips stands on my porch.