35| Hamilon High

U N T O L D
T R U T H
chapter thirty five

"Would your mom be home from her trip?" Flynn asks as he follows me up the pebble path to my house

"Would your mom be home from her trip?" Flynn asks as he follows me up the pebble path to my house. I see her car parked in the driveway, and she had messaged me to say she was home.

"Yeah, her car is in the driveway." I twist the doorknob, expecting it to be locked after a downfall of events that took place in the home, but it's unlocked. Unusual, I think to myself.

I open the door and immediately voices meet mine and Flynn's ears. It's not a soft and normal conversation, it's a male's voice yelling. The voice is not unfamiliar to me. I dread being in the same house as him.

"Who is that?" Flynn asks me quietly with a frown on his face. I don't answer him since I am more determined to make sure my mom is okay. The further we walk into the house, the clearer the voices get.

"I don't care about that! It all circles back to me!" The voice booms at my mom. My heart thrashes against my rib cage with nerves as I near the kitchen. "One of the men I work with somehow knew about everything! The psych hospital, the investigation, everything! She looks guilty, and now they all are looking at me! I can't have this all fall on me!"

I step into the kitchen where mom is standing behind the kitchen island, her hands gripping the edge of the bench and her back straight. She seems me which makes the room fall silent.

Once I know she is unharmed and okay, my eyes finally fall on the man on the other side of the island. He turns around- his red hair and blue eyes that match mine face me.

His face is tinted red from his outburst. I hold no love for him anymore, everything had burnt away over time. Silently, he stares back at me. He hadn't expected me to be here. I watch his sight move to Flynn.

"Get out the house." Whatever he had come over to say to mom, neither of us want to hear it. We don't want him in our life anymore.

"Violet-"

"Get out now. I'm not going to say it again." I have never stood up to someone I use to call my father. But I have learnt to stand up for myself and not cower away from people like I use to. Without saying a word, he storms out of the kitchen, and the sound of the front door being slammed closed let's us know he is gone.

"Oh, you're back. I thought you left Hamilton." On my track to the cafeteria, my peaceful walk is interrupted when Nancy Dennis is beside me.

I roll my eyes and choose to ignore her, since I don't want to start trouble on my first day back at school. The only good she has done for me is stopping my thoughts about seeing my biological father being mad at mom because I was causing shame to his name.

I walk faster, successfully losing her in the swarm of students. "Finally! I was beginning to think you fell into the toilet." Camila laughs when I meet her out the front of the loud cafeteria. She links her arm with mine.