3| School Secret

U N T O L D
T R U T H
chapter three

       Speaking with Mr Samuelson completely wasted my time

Speaking with Mr Samuelson completely wasted my time. I don't bother going back to class, if I did I know I wouldn't even be able to do work because I grew frustrated.

All he did was poke further into the accident and remind me of how it is fault. The exact words never left his lips, but he did a good job of implying it.

This is not how I wanted my first day of senior year to be like.

     I sigh as I round the corner to head to the cafeteria. I successfully managed to hide in the girl's bathroom until it was lunch time.

           I have beaten everyone to the cafeteria, so I easily can claim my usual spot at the back table where no one sits besides me. I can quietly observe the rest of the crowd and grow jealous of their social lives.

         "Wow, you must be eager for lunch." Startled, I look up as Dianna slips into the seat beside me, pressed to the wall as she joins me in watching students pile in and claim their tables.

      I shrug and place my small bag on the ground beside me. "I got out early." I hide most of the truth, not wanting to remember the awkward meeting with the principal.

            I spot Flynn wandering into the large and crowded cafeteria. His eyes scan around, easily seeing over everyone with his height.

       I silently watch Nancy Dennis's table of jocks and popular girls as they shamelessly stare at Flynn, whispering amongst themselves. They all throw me a wicked glance, making my stomach twist uneasily as some smile. They are never up to any good.

     "Flynn!" Dianna yells from beside me, I flinch at the unexpected noice as she holds her hand up in the air to wave him over. He notices us, a look of relief taking over his features when he comes our way, eventually slipping in a seat across from us.

       "Did Mr Samuelson need to speak to you for that long? You're not in trouble already, are you?" He raises a suggestive brow leans back in his seat.

      "No it wasn't anything bad, he just had a lot to say." I lie, swallowing nervously when I stare back at the living and breathing double of Sebastian.

       "Seriously," Dianna's sudden sigh catches my attention and I look away from the brunette across from me. "Is it bad that they haven't done anything, and already I want to go over there and flip the table if one more person looks this way."

       "Yeah." Flynn snickers and quickly glances over his shoulder at the large group. "I don't understand what their problem is."

    Dianna playfully elbows my side. "It's probably because the two new seniors are sitting here with Miss Murderer."