10| Abbey Reynolds

U N T O L D
T R U T H
chapter ten

U N T O L D T R U T H chapter ten

I can't breathe. I can feel what appears to be hair ticking my lips and nose, but I was too focused on the weight on my face that is restricting my oxygen supply.

I try and push away whatever had landed itself on my face and woken me from my sleep. It groans, making my eyes go wide when I realise Flynn is accidentally smothering me in his sleep.

I shove him again, harder this time. It forces him awake and to sharply shoot to the side. His chin hardly hits my nose before he sits up.

Flynn eyebrows are raised ever so slightly and his lips are parted- he's tiredly confused. "Ow." I say slowly and close my eyes to let the ache from my nose calm down.

"Sorry." He quickly apologises. "What happened?" I open my eyes to see he had only pushed himself up on his hands so that he was hovering above me.

I stare back up at him and swallow the ball in my throat as my hands grip onto each other to keep myself focused on anything else but the nerves.

"You tried killing me in your sleep with your hair." His eyes widen ever so slightly at my answer, although they still droop because I had woken him so fast.

      His smile is crooked, his eyes blink slowly, and his words are melodic. It amazes me how different he is from Sebastian despite their identical looks.

      Sebastian would smirk to show off and maintain his signature look- Flynn smile's kindly. Sebastian would raise a threatening brow- Flynn raises a humorous and cheeky brow. Sebastian would glare and look coldly- Flynn looks at life brightly.

Sebastian would break your heart, Flynn would melt your heart.

      "Sorry." He apologises again and frowns now that he knows what he had done that caused a fuss. "Are you okay?"

I laugh a little, easily pushing through those nerves that twist in my stomach. "I'm fine, but it definitely wasn't an experience I'd like to wake up to again."

It was quite an awkward situation. The side of his head was pressed onto my face, and somehow he didn't wake up from discomfort. Thinking about it already makes me question how weird of a sleeper he must be if he manages that.

Flynn watches as my eyes leave his for a spilt moment to look down at the arm that is pressed into the bed beside me to hold himself up. The arm that is over my body, making the compromising position.

He takes his hand away and lays back down on his side of the bed quickly, thinking I would miss his cheeks burn pink. Do I make him as nervous as he makes me feel? The thought of it worries me more. I would ruin his life.