28| Penn Sterling

U N T O L D
T R U T H
chapter twenty eight

         Mom didn't want to listen to me- she still doesn't

         Mom didn't want to listen to me- she still doesn't. Although, I know she agreed with some of my convincing words and thoughts.

       Which is why we're both still sitting in her car, and she wipes under her eyes with the sleeves of her pastel blue shirt. "I'm going to hate having dinner alone."

    My lips purse and I swallow down the guilt of leaving mom. She had contacted Penn Sterling Hospital after I had said that I discovered it's facility online, and since I had pending referrals from both my psychologist and doctors incase I had decided to admit to a hospital- I instantly was accepted after mom's phone interview with them.

      "Let's go now before I don't let you out of the car." She says as I open the door and she slowly does the same.

    I was deemed an emergency case, which didn't settle well with me, but I'm thankful that I had gotten into the facility so quickly. The events from two days ago had pushed my chances of being here a lot higher.

       The sun had only set not that long ago considering we had to leave while it was still dark in the morning. Mom has work today which is why we are here so early, and she already had to call in to be a few hours late.

      "Do your friends know that you're here?" Mom asks as she takes my duffle bag out of the back seat. I don't know how long I will be here, packing heavy seemed like a safe option.

          It excludes my phone since they have strict rules here about mobiles. I would only be given it for thirty minutes a day under supervision which is why I am leaving it in my mom's care. Apparently there is suppose to be a phone on the wall to contact family, so I wrote down my mom's number in the notebook I bought.

                 "They will when they wake up."

     I hadn't slept at all- not even for a moment. It's dark outside and my alarm that I set starts to blare. I silence it since I was staring at it because I knew it was about to annoy me.

     Four-fifty exactly in the morning, giving me ten minutes to shower and get dressed. Before I do so, I pick up my phone and send Dianna a message to tell her that the plan was happening, today in fact.

      Then I click Flynn's contact details, making my mind up that sending a message to him wasn't what I felt like should be right. I call his number, and as expected it rings out until I hear the voicemail beep.

      "Hey, it's Violet." I don't know why I felt incline to say who it is since my name would be in bold letters on his screen. I bite my nails nervously as I pace my room in the dark. "I want to let you know that I won't be home for a while- I don't know how long but my plans aren't to stay away for much time. You're probably going to be really confused, so Dianna can fill you in. I just need you to not tell my mom because I don't need her to panic. I, uh, will be okay so I also don't need you to panic about me doing this. I hopefully can squeeze some information out of someone. I-"