Epilogue

U N T O L D
T R U T H
epilogue

When I was younger, I looked forward to the day where I didn't have to do what mom says

When I was younger, I looked forward to the day where I didn't have to do what mom says. She wouldn't be able to tell me to do the dishes, put my dirty clothes in the basket, to do anything for that matter.

She'd trained me well to listen whilst I was a child and in her care. It was such a talent that now that I am older, I wish I took notes on.

"Okay Silas, this is your last chance." I huff out and press my hands to my knees. My legs are slowly feeling numb from kneeling on the hard floor for so long. "If you don't sit down, I'm going to be really upset. Now, s-"

"Vi, I think that's enough for one day." Almost as if he had timed it so perfectly, his voice and laugh completely destroys the first real chance I had at successful training.

"God damn it, Flynn!" I cry out, watching Silas stop attempting to sit only to jump up and start his reign of chirpy barks. The extremely small, black and white, border collie practically pounces all over Flynn Davis's shins, trying to get his attention. "I almost had it this time."

All Silas does when I try to train him is stand with a wagging tale, and the most adorable look on his small face. He's completely oblivious that I'm trying to teach him terribly. Most times I have caved into his looks and resorts to pats and cuddles, but I need to toughen up.

"You said that last time." The brown haired boy says and bends down to scratch behind Silas's ears. "But besides, you shouldn't be in here by yourself."

"I'm not by myself, I have Silas." As if on perfect cue, my hairy baby's ears perk up at his name. That's the only thing I've managed to train him with. He immediately leaves Flynn and bolts to me, jumping all over me.

I pick him up easily since he's barely a few months old, and shower him with pats. "You know what I mean." Flynn Davis sighs as I stand carefully with Silas still comfortable in my arms. "I don't like being out there without you. Especially with all the family here."

All the family is why I have resorted to hiding in the Davis family home. I prefer to stay inside their home than sit around on plastic chairs and listen to the worlds most boring conversation. Not even Flynn's parents enjoy it. I don't know why they put theirselves through that torture.

"Most of your family still don't either approve of me, or like me." I make no effort to leave the living room. I was surprised that Dianna hasn't snuck in here too.

"And that's part of the reason why they're the ones I don't like either." He steps closer so that Silas is close enough to be given both of our attention. Between the two of us, Silas get's spoilt rotten. There's never a sad moment for him. "I think we've been here long enough anyway. We at least got all morning and lunch with mom. Let's say goodbye, then we can head home. It's getting close to Silas's dinner time anyway."