32| The Phonecall

U N T O L D
T R U T H
chapter thirty two

U N T O L D T R U T H chapter thirty two

"Violet wait!"

One of the reasons I loved to run other than having the gift of being faster than most, is that it takes away my thoughts the moment my feet begin to press to the ground.

One day I decided to take a run around a park to take my mind off my parents arguing, and I discovered my love for it when all my worries disappeared and I only felt my heart pound with adrenaline.

When Doctor Graham had rushed forward, I stepped to the side with ease and allowed my legs to take control. I don't take away the rock wedged under the door to keep it open since I wouldn't have time- despite it being a good option, to keep him stuck up here.

I can hear his heavy footsteps trying to race after me as I leap down the several flights of stairs. I see him briefly, watching his frame panic in a race down the two flights that seperate us.

I reach the door that will take me back into Penn Sterling, so I flick the lock and throw it open while relief floods me. I'm back in sight of people, so Doctor Graham would be practically useless.

My first thought is to get to the shared phone so I can call the police. It is a better idea than trying to hide and letting him tell a false story to the other doctors so that I was having an episode of some sort.

My feet smoothly guide me down the empty hall and I almost crash into another doctor as she was rounding the corner. In a matter of seconds I had made it down the entire hall.

"Sorry!" I call over my shoulder and ignore her yells to stop running. I focus on every breath leaving my lips, taking the air in and out in large sums to continue to push my body faster.

I swerve around the obstacles in my way, whether it's people, doors, chairs, or corners- I glide smoothly around them.

Someone steps out of the room where we have scheduled times to colour in or paint, yet again causing a slight delay by running into them. Immediately I recognise the girl's cropped raven hair.

Paige's confused frown meets my wide eyes but I have no time to explain the situation. I leave her and push my body to it's limits to make it further down the halls.

"Violet Jackson, stop now!" There's an unfamiliar voice that calls from behind me as heavy footsteps begin to follow. More than one pair of footsteps.

I race through the arch way and stand in the empty room that has a phone attached to the wall where we are allowed to make calls to family or friends. I purposely avoiding making phone calls to save myself crawling out of here.