27| For Flynn

U N T O L D
T R U T H
chapter twenty seven

        If my thoughts weren't keeping me up all night, it would of been the air mattress beneath me that prevented me from being comfortable

If my thoughts weren't keeping me up all night, it would of been the air mattress beneath me that prevented me from being comfortable. It felt as if my eyes were only closed for ten minutes, and I'm pretty sure they were.

I kept worrying about the strawberry blonde boy, and I let my anxiety trample over me. Flynn's offer to wake up him was in the back of my mind, but I stayed in Dianna's dark bedroom so he could at least sleep.

I look up to the bed and realise that both girls are not there, making me believe they must of left in the short period where I had gotten a few minutes sleep. It was light outside when I closed my eyes, and it hasn't changed in the slightest since then.

      I figure that if I stay here for any much longer, my whole body would ache from tossing and turning so much. I take the blankets off my and reach for my bag to take out my clothes in order to change and make myself at least look awake.

       It's almost as if I am immune to being tired. I find my black jeans, also a black shirt, and my denim jacket I haven't worn in a long time. I also take my mascara out since it's the only worm of makeup I wear.

My exhausted body pushes itself off the mattress and into the soft carpet, quietly treading out of Dianna's room and to the bathroom. I change out of my pyjamas and into my clothes, adding a little bit of mascara to make my blue eyes lively.

I find it odd that I have pure ginger hair, yet my eyes are blue. Typically I see others with emerald green eyes that I love, but I got boring blue.

Once I'm finished, I toss my old clothes somewhere in Dianna's room on the way to following the loud voices from downstairs. I find everyone gathered around the kitchen island, picking at the varieties of food in front of them.

"Sleeping beauty is finally awake." Camila notices my presence first, although I would disagree with the nickname since I only slept for enough time for the two girls to leave the room.

        All eyes turn to me as I walk to my mom who was showing Laine Davis something on her phone. "Morning, hun." She hums and hands me an empty plate, but I place it down on the table.

     "It's okay, I'm not hungry." Besides only just waking up from a brief sleep, I feel too sick to eat anything. My stomach churns at the thought, and mom sends me a sad glance since she knows I tend to act this way after something chaotic happens.

     "Dianna told us that you all are going out today?" Matthew Davis asks all the teenagers in the room to cover over the brief silence.

      "Yep." Camila swings around on the school, proving just how easy it is for her to feel comfortable in someone else's home. "We wanted to leave almost twenty minutes ago, but your son was going to cut off our fingers if either Dianna or I tried waking sleeping beauty."