5

Ariana lied on her side, facing away from the door when the other girl came in. She stared off into space while hearing the other girl moving things, placing things inside the cupboard and all that. She turned and lied on her back. The other girl didn't notice. She was tired of thinking of her as "other girl". She rolled her eyes and sat up, opening her mouth to ask her her name at least. What she saw made her stop. The girl was leaning forward towards Ariana's suitcase.

Within that moment, she leapt out of her bed to stop her from accomplishing opening her suitcase for whatever reason. She immediately grabbed her hand to stop her. The girl turned. "What do you think you're doing?" Ariana asked in a calm but firm tone. "Nothing. I just thought that-" the girl began but Ariana interrupted her, "You thought nothing. Don't touch my stuff." The girl looked away and stood up. Ariana also straightened up and crossed her arms. The girl was looking around, trying to find a way out of the awkward situation. Ariana examined her. She seemed to be like every other typical girl here. Dark brown curly hair in a loose pony. Cute. Bright light brown eyes, light skin, seemed to be an year younger than her, and if she was, then her height was average too. She wore gold ear tops and a casual outfit. Ariana stepped closer to her and the girl took a step back. "What's your name?" She asked. "Mia," the girl smiled, "and yours?" Ariana didn't smile. "Ariana. Now, listen here. Staying with me means that you don't speak to me unless I speak first or it's absolutely necessary. Don't wake me up if I'm late, don't let me hear your alarm. Don't tell on me and I'll be nice enough to do the same. Don't expect me to greet you everyday or anything like that. Mind your own business and I will too. Keep the window open at night. Lights off at 10. No late night parties or you won't be let in." Ariana stepped back and analyzed the girl's taken aback expression. "No funny business and don't get on my bad side. That could cost you. A lot." She then grabbed some clothes from her suitcase and went to the washroom to change, shoving past Mia.

After changing, she exited the washroom and saw that Mia was gone. She also got out of the room and went towards the grounds. There she saw him, "Hey jerk!" she yelled and he turned. "There she comes, the venomous snake queen!" he said.

"He" was Cedar. Cedar was twenty-one. He was handsome to say the least. Girls were always trying to impress him. Everyone had a crush on him. He had a lean body, covered with tattoos. Jet black hair and a slight stubble. Pretty smart too. That's what we all want, right? But they weren't like that. They were accomplices in whatever they did, and would help each other through thick and thin. Why? No one knew.

They clapped the other's hand and grinned at each other. "I didn't see you at the assembly." he said. "Aww, you were looking for me!" she said. "As far as I know, you were who came all the way here to find me." He said, pretending to be thinking deeply. And that is how they spent the rest of the evening. Chatting and catching up on each other's lives.

Be sure to vote and comment 💕