49

Eloise and Asher stood up and looked in the direction where the sound had come from. As if on instinct, they left their food and ran to where the blast had taken place. On their way, Eloise noticed a big black car passing by them. They stood and heard people crying somewhere in the fire. Asher went in to investigate further, carefully avoiding the fire. Eloise went to the other side to inspect the damage. She helped a woman save her burnt child and she carried him away somewhere, leaving Eloise. Her heart ached seeing the damage.

After helping the victims and calling ambulances for them, Eloise and Asher staggered away from the huge disaster. They didn't speak to each other and started to walk away. They walked to nowhere in particular for a long time. Finally, they leaned against a brick wall, looking up at the sky. Eloise then stood straight and told him to wait. She knew the area and tried to get to a shop nearby to get something. She was only about to turn to get to it when she heard laughter. Eloise watched, hiding behind the wall, as they spoke. "And then he said, ""-we shouldn't have done that."", "Could you believe that jackass?" One spoke in a condescending manner. "Yeah, and then our man just went ballistic and shot him!" Two said and laughed. "Boss Jackson isn't gonna be too happy about what happened, but at least he'll be happy that we succeeded in the bombing." Three said.

Eloise listened with a heavy heart. She took a deep breath and ran back to Asher. "Do you have your phone?" She asked.
"Yeah, I took it before we both ran ou-"
"Give it to me."
"What? Bu-"
"Give me your damn phone!"
Asher handed her his phone hesitantly. Eloise quickly grabbed it and told him not to move. She ran back to where the men had been to see that they were about to leave. She immediately turned it on and conducted a non-military level hack using the "Find my iPhone" app. She located the devices and hoped that at least one of them had an iPhone. Her luck that the second one did. She connected the phones and started tracking the phone. She waited, and once the three men were gone, she moved back, looked through a side and called out to Asher, gesturing for him to come over. As soon as he did, he asked for his phone. Eloise pretended not to hear him. When he kept begging for it, Eloise said, "Nah, I think I'm going to keep it for a while."
"Oh c'mon, give it back."
"Can't you do this much for me?"
"What do you need from my phone anyway?"
"Look, if anything happens to it, I'll buy you another. Actually, let me get my money and I'll buy you one right now. Your phone is now mine."
"I have enough money to buy a new phone."
"Well then stop grumbling. You're not getting your phone back."
Asher sighed and gave up.

Be sure to vote and comment 💕