8

"So let me get this straight, you're telling me, that you were talking to a girl, trying to invite her on a date, and after so long when you asked again, she refused once more because she didn't want to meet you without having seen your face in a picture first?"
Ariana asked Cedar who nodded solemnly. Ariana stared at him for a solid two minutes before bursting out laughing. Many stared at her, some because of her loud laughter and some because of disbelief of her showing any positive emotion. Cedar eyed her warily.

"So basically, the guy who always exasperated over the stupidity of boys and girls who went on blind dates and got kidnapped is telling me right off here that he doesn't understand why a girl he met online wouldn't come to meet him just because she "doesn't know him"? She laughed lightly again. "Stop doing that." Cedar said. "What?" She asked innocently. "Summarising everything so that I sound stupid." He grumbled. "Oh, but you are stupid, and that girl is probably smarter than all the bimbos you have been with over the years, that just wanted to get laid no matter what." She said. Cedar opened his mouth to retort but the bell stopped the argument from happening, the kind Ariana would always win.

Ariana followed Mia as she walked hurriedly towards the headmaster's office to try to retrieve her phone. When she is called in, Ariana went closer and listened in to their conversation.

"-first day and I already have your phone in my hand."
"Sir, it was a mistake, I didn't know how it got in there-"
"That's not a valid excuse. I will have to meet with your parents if you want it back."
"They're not in the state, they wouldn't even care about such a matter."
"If they don't care than you shouldn't-"
"I need it back, my parents-"
"Don't cut me off. You'll get it back once I get to talk with your parents. Till then, you can use the school's telephone."
"But sir-"
"No arguments. You may take your leave."

Ariana leaned against the wall as Mia slowly exited the office. Mia saw her and tried to walk away, but Ariana blocked her way. "Where do you think you're going?" She asks, sneering. "Away from you." Mia spat and tried to walk away again. Ariana blocked her again. "Why do you dislike me?" Ariana asked, though she knew the answer well. "Well, why do you hate me? And why do you consider yourself higher than everyone else? Why are you such a scheming bi-" Mia tried but was cut off by her chilling laugh. "Oh you think that. Everyone can think whatever they want, right? Of course, no one has seen every side of me, and neither have I of them. You don't know me at all." Ariana said with a grin. "But then, neither do I..." She continued and Mia said, "Oh, I know you better than you think." Ariana paused. That took her by surprise. "Just by that little occurrence? Oh honey, I'm a nightmare, but I can be a daydream too." She said and the headmaster walked out. "Oh Sir, Mia is terribly sorry. A friend of hers put her phone in her bag to make her worried about having lost it."

"Is that so? Well you can have it back! Just don't do it again." He said getting flustered. He hands her the phone but Ariana grabbed it. He walked away and she held out her hand to give it to her herself. "He was distracted." She said and laughed. When Mia took it, she stepped closer and examined her face with her hand under Mia's chin. "You know, if you just had a backbone, you might actually be desirable." And walked away.

Be sure to vote and comment 💕