30

She got out of the car and rushed to where Jacob was standing, not caring about all the cars that were going to get stuck because of her. He didn't see her coming up behind him, but he felt it when she punched him. Lots of gasps could be heard and a dark gash formed on his head. Not enough. Ariana thought before she rained down punches at him. Then, she took him in a neck hold and said in a low dangerous tone, "I'm going to ask you this once. Who paid you?"
"Ja...Jackso-n." He spluttered. Ariana let him go. "So you were in such desperation for money that you risked lives for it?! Do you not get enough from me for your entire family?! Or are you just a greedy son of a bitch?!" She yelled at him, making him fall backwards.
"I had no choice! He thre-threatened my family!" He choked out.
"I don't fucking care. You had a choice between telling me about it, or acting in their favour. You chose the latter, and it was the biggest mistake you could've made." She said, her head lowered, eyes glaring at him. Just then, the police arrived and she was pulled away from him and shackled before being put in the police car. Only after having settled in the car did she realize, wait... Jackson?

Ariana sat on the cold ground of the prison cell, her mind raging with thoughts, sounding more like screams in her head. She glared at the ground in such fury, as if trying to make it hot enough to start erupting lava. Her thoughts were like the screams of suffering souls from the underworld. And perhaps they were what they sounded like, in a way.
"You're free to go." A police officer said as he came to release her from her prison cell.

"What?" Ariana asked in confusion.
"Your boyfriend got you out. Go run and cry on his shoulder."
Ariana, who couldn't care less about the last sentence, asked, "Boyfriend?"
"Get up and out." The officer told her, but Ariana refused to move.
"C'mon Ari, don't trouble the poor officer now." A new voice joined in their conversation. Ariana couldn't recognise him. The officer sighed and pulled her out by dragging her, but she was too perplexed to notice. She stood up and he tried to take her hand, but Ariana snatched it away.
"Forget about old misunderstandings, c'mon now." He said.
Ariana opened her mouth to say something but the officer ushered both of them out. The guy then began walking somewhere and Ariana's curiosity got her to follow him. Once a little way away, he pulled off his wig and fake moustache, revealing his true identity. It took Ariana a little while to process, but as soon as she did, she engulfed him in a hug. He hesitated before hugging her back, and then said, "We don't have time for this, Ariana. All hell will soon break loose."
Ariana stepped back. "What is that supposed to mean?"
Cedar twirled her hair with his fingers and chuckled. "You've brought hell upon not just yourself, but also upon this whole city."

Be sure to vote and comment 💕