29

Two days passed from the incident, Faith didn't get a second to herself as studies were going at maximum speed. That mostly happened when the teachers spent the first semester in laziness. It usually got worse during the end of the semester, as the teachers had to cover an incredibly long course and fast. She had to give the headmaster the books the next day, but she was too exhausted to think about that.

When the next day did come, however, she went in a panic. The headmaster had given the council heads the task to get the books, and Laila had been counting on her to do it. She groaned in frustration and slammed her head onto her desk, immediately regretting it while rubbing her head in slight pain. She thought of excuses she could make;
"I forgot. I had so many tests and I was extremely busy."
Because she was the only one who could be busy.
"I couldn't get time."
That wasn't even an excuse.
"Oh, I ordered them but they're not delivered yet."
That just screams laziness and irresponsibility.
"Oh, yeah, I got them but the car they were in blew up."
That seemed perfectly reasonable. Especially since it actually did happen.

When she was called, she grudgingly got up and went to the office.
"Ah, Faith. Laila here told me that you have the books. May I see them?"
Laila didn't look at Faith, causing her to roll her eyes.
"Actually sir, you see-"
At that moment, Ariana arrived, carrying a stack of books, into the office, saying, "Faith, you forgot to take these books from me." Ariana gave her a look that said play along.
"Oh, yes. How could I have forgotten? Thanks for bringing them here." She said, as she helped Ariana place the large stack onto the headmaster's desk.

Ariana winked at Faith and took her leave without even glancing at the headmaster. Faith smiled to herself at Ariana's cute action.

Ariana waited till two more weeks passed by before going to hunt Jacob. She controlled the fury inside her for so long to let it out when she found him. But, when she got to the car dealer's place, he was gone. She asked around and discovered that he had run away the day he sold her the car. This just confirmed Ariana's suspicions. She walked on the footpath beside a road, thinking of possible places she could find him. For not having a vehicle then, she used the old trick of pickpocketing a man as he passed by her to get his car keys, soon after he got out. Ariana made her way to his car, as he walked away, unaware of the stealth that was committed just then. She opened the car door and sat inside, starting the car. She revved the engine multiple times before taking off.

After multiple turns, she finally started realising that she still didn't know where she was going. She sighed, stopping at a signal. Normally she wouldn't have cared about the signal as it wasn't even her own vehicle, but she needed to think. She lifted her head and spotted him at the side of the road.

Be sure to vote and comment 💕