68

"You know revenge. You've probably read what it is, but you have to go through the thirst of it to know what it actually is." Eloise said, looking up at the ceiling if the cell. Faith watched her sadly. Officer Elder stood behind her. "When the border between love and hate disappears, the thirst for revenge forms."
"Why not revenge itself?" Faith asked softly.
"Because revenge never satisfies you." Cedar's voice came from two cell to the left. "Either that or you don't get it." He continued.
"Does it satisfy you not to get it?"
"No, but there's a fascination in knowing that you will be avenged on the day of judgement by the only power that can judge." It was Officer Elder, surprisingly, who answered Faith's question.
"I was the one, however, who blasted the areas near the gang house to attract them... I thought you should know." Cedar said.
"I understand why you didn't come with me, yet you still helped me, despite the danger of doing so upon them knowing of you. Thanks. And I'm God thankful I was unable to kill him myself, if I then would've been searching for peace forever... like you." Eloise said.
"There's still a storm inside, though, isn't there?" Faith asked.
"Yes, there is."

It was the day of the final hearing. There would be no trials after this one except for the decision's announcement. They were all so ready for this to be over. They could once again return to their normal lives, with huge differences in their mental states from before. A solemn silence hung in the air, all of them aching for something. Once again, they were brought out of their cells to be taken to the courtroom, but Eloise took to holding Faith's hand the entire way, as this was the first time she accompanied her.

Before entering the courtroom, Faith hugged both Cedar and Eloise, before going and taking a seat in the audience, besides Diana.

That day, their crimes were properly enlisted.
Eloise's were;
Hacking the government system,
Drug dealing,
Fraud,
Inflicting physical harm,
And a lot of this being done underage.

Cedar's were the same, except for the part of inflicting harm.

Burner's were;
Inflicting harm on minors,
Using authority for personal gain,
Making false accusations in court,
Hiding and tampering with evidence.

The judge declared that the jury needed some time to decide their sentences and they were put to wait once again. Finally, it was time for their sentences.

"With all evidence and statements taken in clear view, Miss Eloise makes 11 years in jail, Mr Cedar makes 8 years in jail, and Mr Burner makes 23 years in jail and permanent expulsion from the police department."
Their breaths which had been caught in their throats was now let out. No one had received a death sentence.

"Escort them out." Those words told Eloise that it was all over, the world she had been forced to live in, she had fallen over its edge, and she was fine. She was told then that due to the occurrences of that day, her sentence may be reduced but she wasn't to have much expectations.

Faith's eyes were slightly watering when Eloise reached in to hug her, ready to say goodbye, and Faith captured her lips with her own. Eloise pulled away, and with a small smile, she left to begin serving her prison sentence.

You always get what you ask for.

You hold your head high when you have succeeded,

And so she did.

For the woman I'm now indifferent towards, whom I once wrongly labelled my faith, and for the woman I'm willing to go against the world for, my mom. Thank you, my Lord.