35

Ariana placed the pen down and turned to look at Faith. Faith's hands didn't leave her neck. "Why are you doing this?" Ariana asked. "I don't know, but don't tell me to stop. I'll never be confident enough again." Faith said. Ariana couldn't tell her to stop either way. She didn't want to admit it to herself, but it was because she enjoyed it. She loved feeling... whatever it was she was feeling, when Faith was touching her. Ariana was surprised when Faith suddenly pulled her up and she gasped. Ariana could only stare at Faith's beautiful face and take in every millimeter of it as Faith moved her left hand from Ariana's hair and circled her waist with it. Ariana was glad she did because Faith's fingers' delicate movements were making her knees weak. Ariana didn't know what to do. She had never been in such a situation so she had no idea what her next move should be. In her struggle, she didn't even notice Faith leaning closer, and when she did, she got even more nervous, as Faith stared at her. Ariana made a sharp intake of breath, and then they heard someone speak and jumped apart, both looking at the door and at their new company.

"Faith? Faith! I didn't think I'd find you here!" Marinelle exclaimed, apparently not having seen what had just been happening. "Yeah, the teacher needed me to stay here for a bit." Faith said, looking around. "Well, come with me. Now. The teacher won't mind you gone. Mrs Hoover, right? She loves you. Come on." Faith didn't seem have an option so she moved from where she was standing and went to the front of the class before turning and speaking, "You better do it all today. Don't leave just because no one is here." Then she made her way out of the classroom, her eyes never leaving Ariana, as Marinelle pulled her with her. Ariana never betrayed a single emotion by her face, but soon after they were had disappeared from the corridor, Ariana screamed, "Fuck!" and kicked the desk on which she had been working before so that it fell along with everything on it. Then she picked up her bag and did exactly what Faith told her not to do. She left, and smoked three whole packs of cigarettes that night.

*_*

"Wow. I never thought you would be the one experiencing relationship problems." Cedar said, smirking, after Ariana told him everything because of him begging to tell him what had caused her mood to be shitty. "And you were right. I'm not." Ariana snapped back. "Well then you're experiencing guy pro- I mean, girl problems." Cedar said. "That makes it sound even worse. Stop." Ariana said, scrunching up her nose. "I don't know Ariana. It's best if you keep these distractions away from you till everything falls into place." Cedar said seriously. "First of all, Faith is not a distraction. Second of all, what do you mean by saying, "till everything falls into place"?" Ariana asked. Cedar then pulled out a folded up newspaper from his pocket and threw it at Ariana. Ariana caught it and unfolded it. There, written as the main front-page headline, were the words, "GANG ATTACK AT STREET JUNCTION IN SEARCH OF BROTHER'S KILLER".

Be sure to vote and comment 💕