20

Ariana sat in boredom in her biology classroom when she saw her phone light up in her open bag. She fished it out, no one watching her, and saw her notifications. Other than four previous calls from Cedar, a message had arrived. From an unknown number. Ariana looked around before opening it. The message was:
"23/11, Club Avenue, Avery Street. Drug supply."
Ariana understood, drugs were required at a club. She always refused to supply those. She knew the horrible uses the drugs are put to in them. She texted back: "Unavailable."

She went to put it back but received the same text again from the same number. She replied with the same answer and blocked the number. She didn't have any tolerance for those. She didn't care for the money they'd offer, not if it would result to what it always resulted to. When the class ended, she escaped first yet again and went straight to search for Cedar. When she found him, she spoke loudly, "Where the hell have you been?"
He saw her and said, "Why haven't you been answering my calls?"
"I asked first."
"I asked second."
"What kind of childish game are you playing?"
"The same kind of a child game you are playing."
"Stop it."
"You stop it."
Ariana groaned in annoyance. She turned to leave but Cedar grabbed her hand.
"What?"
"Where are you going?"
"Anywhere away from you."
He frowned, "Let me rephrase that. Why are you going?"
"Because you're not giving me proper answers."
"That because you weren't answering my question."
Ariana breathed in deeply.
"Forget it. Someone texted me to supply alcohol at a club."
Cedar frowned again, confused to the sudden change of topic.
"You refused yet again, then?"
"Of course. I'm not against my own gender."
"And Mia?"
"Excuse me?"
"Why are you so horrible to Mia then?"
"Because... Because she is aggravating."
"That's not a valid excuse."
"Why are you siding with her?"
"I'm not. I just think that you should be nice to her, give her a chance."
Ariana rolled her eyes. She couldn't help but notice that he was acting different. He wasn't as open and un-opposing as he usually was. She decided to leave him alone for a bit.
"I need to go." She mumbled and turned again. Cedar said, "Why do you feel the need to explain your actions all of a sudden?"
Ariana scowled. She didn't answer and walked away.

After the ordeal and a couple more periods, Ariana left the school. She went down to the seaside, wanting to be left alone with her thoughts for a while. She sat down on the sand and looked up at the sky. She stared at the stars. She did indeed think they were beautiful, but she liked the ocean more. She went closer to the water and dipped in her hand. She moved it around in the water. She wanted to think about Cedar, Mia and Faith, but the calm made her want to curl up and sleep. She didn't though, 'cause though she had thought she was alone, she wasn't. Another figure approached her in the dark night.

Be sure to vote and comment 💕