46

It was another normal day of school. Everyone went about their day normally, except for Cedar and Ariana. They didn't meet up, they didn't talk, they didn't text. They didn't even sit together at lunch. They were way too stressed out. They both were keeping something from the other, and they didn't want to face each other and have to spill the truth. Faith on the other hand also had things taking over her mind. She couldn't stop thinking about what Cedar's missing DVDs could result in, or about Ariana's past. Marinelle wouldn't stop pestering her about why she wasn't taking part in the conversation. She finally couldn't take it anymore and ditched her friends and went to the bleachers. As she was going there however, she turned a corner and bumped into Mia. Mia had been carrying a shoebox, which fell, spilling some of its contents. Mia bent down to pick it all up, and so did Faith, apologizing.

Mia quickly said, "No problem." Not letting Faith help her and quickly gathering everything herself. Faith caught a glimpse of silver, and they both stood up straight. Mia then hurried away and Faith turned to look at her go. She started following her. She wanted to confront her about what was in the box, but before she could call out to her, Mia met up with a police officer and gave him the shoebox. Faith hid behind a pillar and watched. She gasped when she realized that the officer was Burner. Burner turned and left and Mia turned around to go inside, but Faith came out and asked, "What was in the box?"
Mia stuttered and replied, "Oh- um- nothing."
"A police officer would never be so glad to receive a box of nothing."
Mia tried to reply but a teacher came and she took the chance to tell him that she needed to talk to him about an assignment. The teacher led her away to his office. Faith stomped her foot in annoyance. She then saw the headmaster coming her way and he took her away for her to fulfill her duties, after which she went on for her classes.

Faith didn't get a chance the whole day to go and warn Ariana or Cedar. Finally, at dinner time, she got time to try and find one of the two. She saw Cedar and tried to catch up with him. She started to say, "Mia-" but suddenly, there was an announcement, stating that both Ariana and Cedar were needed in the headmaster's office, and for the heads to bring them. Cedar started to speed towards the office and Faith followed suit. They walked in and Ariana had already been brought in by Leila, the other head. The headmaster then said, "You both are required to wait here. I'm not allowed to say anything. Everything will be explained once they get here."
"They who?" Cedar asked, though he had a pretty good idea that he was talking about the police. The headmaster just sighed and didn't reply.

Be sure to vote and comment 💕