17

November, Saturday

Mia stepped into the dark building in the middle of the vacant street. She looked around and walked to the middle of the room. She saw a man who gestured her to follow him. He took her to another room, down the hallway, where there was a table and two office chairs. He led her to one of them and had her sit down. She waited for a while, the man having had left her. When she was about to get up again, another man came in, followed by two others. He was obviously J, but he had a mask on, so she wouldn't know who he was if she ever saw him without it. He made the two stand by the wall and himself came and sat down on the chair opposite to her. Mia stared as he lit up a cigarette and smoked it. "Now listen here, there are other people who can do this job better, but I still chose you. I know it is hard, but not impossible. It can be done, and you're going to do it. It's been done before, it can be done again. Think of what you'll receive if you do it." He said.

"It will take a long time-"
"You'll have help."
She sat up.
"What do you mean?"
He gestured for one of the men to come near. When he did, he stood up and patted his shoulder.
"This is Cedar. He'll help you. He's a computer expert. Hacking, coding, creating viruses, he can do everything."
Mia knew who he was, and Cedar also knew who she was. Mia knew he was Ariana's friend, and he knew that she was Ariana's roommate. The man then said,
"Now it's up to you. Make the decision. If it's a yes, then there will be money waiting for you. If it's a no, then you best be on your way." He laughed in a wicked manner.
It wasn't that Mia didn't want to do it, but the possibility of her failing was what made her hesitate.

Mia knew there was no way out of this. Gangs leaders didn't accept "no" as an answer. She sighed. "Should I take that as a yes?" He asked with a crooked grin. She mumbled, "Yeah."
"Well, you'll receive 40% of your money by next week and the rest after the deed is done."
Mia grinned at the thought of money. Maybe it'll be worth it for all the money I'll be receiving. She thought to herself.

The gang leader left the room with the other guy who was still by the door, leaving the two co-workers to "get to know each other". They stared at each other. Mia took in his looks. Styled hair, stubble, the guy had it all. Mia introduced herself and so did he. They talked about school and how they knew each other, Cedar knowing her as "Ariana's annoying roommate" and Mia him by seeing him hanging about with Ariana. They discussed when and where to do their task, and more about it. Then they went back to their school, in a manner that didn't imply that they had returned together.

Be sure to vote and comment 💕