24

Ariana could proudly say that that had been her most profitable month of all, having made a lot. It was true that drug smuggling was one of the most profitable business, other than that of corrupt government officials perhaps. She didn't like smuggling drugs, but she knew that those weren't at all put to good uses, other than the few times someone would buy them from her as medicines. She believed that most of those who would buy from her earned money the wrong way, not earn, perhaps gain. She didn't know what word to use. She wanted to return that money to those who had lost it by being fooled. Perhaps her dad lost it the same way, but she couldn't be sure, he had been quite wealthy anyway. Maybe he was like those people who gained it the wrong way.

She camped at her den, digging out money from under a floorboard, planning to head to a car dealer the next day, wanting to change her car like she did every few months to avoid getting tracked. She didn't need much, but she always gave the poor guy some money, despite the non-necessity. The next morning, she took out the car which she rarely used, but did need for some important jobs, and drove it to the dealer.
"Jacob!" She called out and the guy spotted her as she raised her hand for a high-five.
"Hey." He nervously high-fived her, sweating.
"It's not that hot, you know?" Ariana said, laughing at his state.
"Wha-what?"
"You're sweating," she told him, "Or perhaps I'm too hot for you."
He laughed nervously, "Yeah."
They exchanged some more words, Ariana dropped a wad of cash and the car off, taking a specifically recommended car from him and drove off into the distance... to the warehouse.

She drove the car to the school the next day, as she did every time, having Cedar drive it back to the warehouse later. She troubled him a lot, but he mostly didn't mind. She didn't know why, but didn't question it. Might as well take advantage of it. She didn't know why she came to the school in a car, being without a license should've made her hesitant, but perhaps she just wanted to be flashy. There were many things she did for which she didn't have any reasons. She spotted Faith who was talking to a couple of little girls outside the school. She smiled as she secretly watched her wave to them, as their parent took them away, and walk through the gates the establishment, meeting up with her friends. Ariana got out of her car. She too walked inside and made sure to get to Cedar, who was leaning against a tree, phone in hand, as if hiding. She didn't know why, again. They met up, and Cedar seemed to have returned to his normal self after the break. They chatted and Cedar brought up the subject of hacking.

Be sure to vote and comment 💕