54

Eloise was at a loss on what to do. She could only stumble back and have to lean against a tree to hold herself. She placed a hand on her head and shut her eyes. After a little while, she opened them again and she found that, before leaving, Cedar had left her a hooded jacked, which she put on. It was still pretty cool in that area, but not cold anymore. She barely noticed the men walk away, starting to stumble to the gates of Edgewood, and went inside. She didn't have any particular location in mind as to where she was going and just ended up walking around, her mind in a chaos. She passed from behind a small group of boys gathered around one, all looking at something in his hand. Eloise, being tall, was able to peak from above the heads of the boys to see the guy holding a picture of Faith. She looked very happy having won some medal. She's damn radiant. The thought passed through Eloise's mind, which was then overtaken by pure rage. She grabbed the one holding the picture by his collar and pulled him out of the group. "How did you obtain this? I ASKED, HOW DID YOU GET THIS?!" She screamed in his face. "Bought it." He quickly said, looking fearful of Eloise, "Bought it, from Miss Higgs."
"Why did you buy it?"
"I- I- all three of us did-"
He couldn't speak further because it was then that Eloise started to hit him. She punched him, and then slammed his face on the ground, making him bleed out. The other guys tried to grab her but she hit them all too. They were full-on fighting when the boys started to be pulled away by some people, and it was not later when Eloise felt hands on her shoulders, pulling her away from them too. Eloise's hands fell straight and she looked hopeless. She felt the same person, who had pulled her away, drag her somewhere. A door opened and they both stepped inside, the person behind her, who Eloise assumed to be Faith, then closing it. Faith came to stand in front of her, once again placing her hands on her shoulders.

It was then that the weight of the entire situation hit her; the ruining of Cedar, the scarring of herself, the horror of her mom and, for the first time in 8 years, Eloise broke down crying. She bent her knees and Faith too fell to her knees in front of her. She didn't say anything. Eloise looked down as sobs wracked her body, tears spilling out to of her eyes.
"Cedar didn't deserve it. My mom did not deserve it. Then why did it happen? Perhaps now we do, but then we didn't. We would never wish it upon anyone, but then why did it happen to us. I don't even deserve to say all this, actually, now that I know that there are people who've been through so much worse."

Be sure to vote and comment 💕