18

Ariana thought back to her last encounter with Faith. She found it weird. Perhaps because it was. She didn't want to leave her room or she might have to face Faith, which she didn't want to do, as Faith was probably hellbent on getting answers. At last, she couldn't stay in her room anymore. She left. She went to the library and sat down with a couple of books. At one point, another guy entered and spotted her, sitting with one leg over the other. He immediately took out his phone and seemed to be texting someone. Soon enough, the number of boys in the library seemed to multiply. Ariana could guess that most of them were newbies as most of the older students wouldn't dare come near her.

To confirm her suspicions that they were here because of her, she "accidentally" dropped a book, and, almost immediately, all the boys scramble out of their chairs to pick it up for her. Whereas a couple of them start fighting over who will pick it up, another grabs the book from the floor and some other boys try to grab it off him, resulting in all of them tumbling down. Ariana watched the commotion calmly, knowing that she probably wouldn't get the book back this way, unless she picked it up herself. She didn't though. She started reading another book, ignoring all the noise the boys were creating over picking up a book. At one point, she got up and left the library, the boys not noticing as they continued fighting over the book. She made her way over to the cafeteria, and once she sat down, Faith was there.

Faith tried to make small talk first, asking questions to which Ariana answered with short answers, not looking up from her phone. She seemed to have had enough when she said, "If you don't reply to me at once, I will take your tongue away so that you can't reply to anyone again, and I will break your phone in millions of tiny pieces." Ariana immediately looked up, placing aside her phone and sitting up with widened eyes. "Good. Now, what are your favourite kinds of books to read?"
"Do I really have to answer that?"
She gave Ariana a warning look.
"Adventure, mystery, mythology."
She smiled satisfied. Ariana hesitantly asked, "And yours?"
"Adventure, mythology and science fiction."
"Nice..."
A notification caused Ariana's phone to light up. She reached for it and picked it up, and, almost immediately, her phone was snatched from her hand. She opened her mouth to protest but Faith said, "There, I think I'll keep it for a while. I'm sure you'll live?" It wasn't a question though.

Having had forgotten all about Cedar's absence throughout the whole of that day, Ariana found herself enjoying talking to Faith. They laughed and talked and then laughed again, and when it was time to return to the dorms, and for the heads to go on rounds, Faith asked Ariana to join her. And do you know what Ariana did? She gladly agreed.

Be sure to vote and comment 💕