12

Ariana sat in her advanced psychology class, which was for both boys and girls. Very few students qualified for the advanced classes. That's why both boys and girls attended the class together. The students in this class were extreme nerds. Ariana wasn't a nerd, but she had a strange fascination for psychology. The other thing she was interested in was computer coding, mostly to be able to hack into systems.

When class ended, all the students started chatting and slowly leaving the classroom. Ariana wanted to be among the first few out. The professor, however, had plans to make her stay for a bit. When all the students left, he began saying, "You're one of my most promising students, Ariana. Psychology is not something you can learn. It must come to you naturally. Are you planning to be a psychologist?" Ariana rashly said, "Oh I don't know about that, I just want to be able to trick and manipulate people according to how I need them. About what I want to be, I haven't thought of it at all. I'll just see where my life leads me to." Ariana walked out immediately after, not wanting the teacher's disapproving stare on herself anymore. The teachers had some problem with both your truths and your lies. She couldn't sugarcoat her words according to how they might want it. She also knew that the teacher was going to test her. If she could counter the psychological tricks he would pull on her, he would recommend her to the psychology classes, whether or not she wanted to be a psychologist.

As she walked down the hallway, she stopped to stare at a younger class. Not because of the students, but because of someone else in there. The younger head of the students' council was reproaching a student for her misbehavior with an older student that happened to be standing there, confused as to what to do. Faith Elder's strict words seemed to be scaring the living hell out of the poor students, and they couldn't say anything either or it would result in something worse. Faith was a tall woman, and she had on the student council front-open robe. She had green eyes and short brown hair, tanned skin too. Listening to her stern words right then left a strange feeling in her. She smiled for some reason. That authority is so attractive, she thought. She shook her head and chuckled to herself. Faith then turned to the older girl, took her near the front desk and spoke to her in a low voice. She seemed to also be afraid of Faith that she was at a loss for words. Faith then walked out of the classroom, checked her watch, and carried on her way, only glancing at Ariana.

Alright then, Miss Elder. If you're the head, you're going to be seeing me a lot more often. Ariana thought, as she stared at Faith's retreating back for a few more seconds before continuing to head to her next class, which was advanced computer studies, with Cedar.

Be sure to vote and comment 💕