33

"What exactly do you mean by saying that Elder is unapproachable?" Ariana asked in a curious tone. The boys turned to her and the one wearing the red jacket spoke while pointing his finger at Faith. "Look. Faith and Marinelle are basically attached at the hip at this point. How are we supposed to ask her out if she's never alone?"
"First of all, we? Second of all, Marinelle?"
"Yeah, we all want to ask her out, and will support the one who gets her to say yes. And Marinelle. The girl she's talking to." Said the guy in the blue jacket.
"You can ask her in front of her friend or ask her to come aside and talk to you for a moment..."
"No. We don't approach girls unless they're alone." Said the guy in the green jacket.
"Is there some sort of restriction?"
"Not really, it's just how we want it so that we can impress the girl."
"You can impress her by being nice to her friends."
"Don't you hit guys who try to flirt with girls?"
"I hit people who have bad intentions or bad ideas on how to show "affection"."
The three looked at each other and then slowly inched away from her at her use of such a dark tone. The lecture began and most of the class started paying attention to the lecturer, including, as Ariana saw, Faith and Marinelle, sitting with one of Faith's hands around her shoulders and the other on the desk. Ariana looked away and let out a deep breath. A thought came across her mind, Marinelle is way too beautiful. I could never compete, but she kicked it out of her brain as soon as it did.

*_*

Ariana was leaning against a pillar when Faith excused herself from her friends and made her way towards her. Ariana was using her phone when she heard Faith speak, "I heard the news way too long after it occurred."
"After what occurred?" Ariana asked uninterestedly. "You fought with Briar on the first day?" Faith's question sounded more like a statement, but Ariana knew it wasn't. "Hmm." Ariana hummed in response. "You know, as head, it's my duty to give you detention for that." Faith said. "Will you be there?" Ariana asked. Faith was almost taken aback by the straightforwardness of the question. "It's mostly the teachers that take detentions." She stated. "Mostly. So sometimes, heads also take detentions. My attendance will depend on your attendance." Ariana said. Faith tsked, "We'll see." Ariana smiled at her response. There were a few seconds of silence as they stared at each other, Ariana having looked up from her phone, before Faith said, "There is going to be a police visit in a couple of days. I thought you'd better know." Ariana nodded, not having paid any particular attention to the words coming out of her mouth, but only on her mouth. At how her lips moved when she spoke. She smiled again. "What is it with you smiling randomly?" Faith asked, snapping her fingers to pull Ariana out from her thoughts. "I smile when I look at things I like." Ariana said and she noticed Faith blink rapidly and get flustered. Ariana's smile turned into a grin. "I-I better go." Faith said before turning and walking away quickly.

Be sure to vote and comment 💕