67

Day of fourth trial

"Yet the question remains; who conducted the recent government hack?" Lawyer Samuel said, before turning to Cedar Duval.
"If I remember correctly, you said, during the last hearing, that Miss Eloise was not involved. That should mean that you know who actually was responsible."
"I never denied that." Cedar said.
"So who was it, Mr Duval?"
"I and Mia Jackson."
Mia was then brought forward, as Eloise watched, disbelieving that Cedar could do such a thing. Officer Elder questioned her.
"What is your relation to the government hack that was conducted a few weeks ago?"
"I did it." Mia claimed proudly.
"And what or who guided you?"
"You should ask Cedar all this!" Eloise yelled, glaring at Mia.
They actually listened to her and that question was asked to Cedar.
"Zaiden, to whom Eloise's father was indebted, told us to do it, by threatening me with Eloise's life, but Mia agreed in attraction of the money reward."
"How much was the money reward?"
"Twelve million and sixty thousand USD."
"Was that amount not attractive to you?"
"I already have enough. I'm not greedy."
"Why was the threat of taking Eloise's life so encouraging for you to say yes?"
"Eloise is my best friend, and has been through a lot of hardships. As was previously disclosed, I killed my rapist, who was a female. I related my problems to Eloise's, to find how hers were somewhat similar to mine. She had to live for so many years, knowing her mother's murderer was alive, on the same planet as her. I remained unsatisfied even after murdering her. I helped myself by helping her. I had vowed to be loyal behind her back."

"Like this? By murdering so many people in exchange for my life-" Eloise started.
"No. I left Mia in the middle, once she had destroyed all the work we had put into it, thinking she wouldn't be able to do it again, but I was wrong. Actually, she wouldn't have had been able to, but I had shared your points with her."
"Wait wait. What is happening here? Where is this going? What points is he talking about?" Lawyer Samuel exclaimed.
"I tricked Eloise into telling me how to conduct as large a hack as a government one." Cedar said.
"So Mia Jackson basically caused the death of a lot of people recently?"
"Yes, because she had known the consequences of the hack, whereas I had not."
They then showed the video of Ojay signing some contracts, and it was announced that he had been found dead the morning after with Mia's fingerprints all over his neck.

"Actually, I have something court might be interested in." Officer Elder broke in. He then showed some documents, that were actually hospital reports. It was announced that they stated of Mia being psychiatrically unhealthy.
"Mia Jackson cannot be punished for her crimes due to her mental disabilities. She will instead be confined to a psychiatric hospital to be treated." The judge announced.
Mia screamed, pleading for them to believe that she wasn't mentally disabled, but where would that have gotten her, even if it had been true? A death penalty surely. It was still worse though, being dragged out by police officers to be placed in a hospital for mental people. It was already torturous.