22

"What are you doing here?" Asked Ariana. "I just came with my friends for a while." Faith said, looking around. Ariana saw more girls sitting by the water a little way along the shore. "What about curfew?" Ariana asked jokingly. "I'm the head prefect. I don't need to follow the rules." Faith said in a casual self-centered manner, making Ariana laugh. "Go and enjoy with your friends, why're you here?" Ariana asked. "Oh excuse me, I just saw a lonely porcelain doll sitting here, so I came over to see." She said airily. "C'mon, I'm not that pale." Ariana said, chuckling. "You're pretty pale honey." She said sympathizingly. "Well, if I am, then I'm proud of it." Ariana said. "I love a confident porcelain doll." She said, laughing, and Ariana's heart skipped a beat. She didn't know why, or how Faith had gotten an affect over her, she just had. She rolled her eyes, laughing again. "You're in some mood, aren't you?" Ariana said. Faith opened her mouth to answer, but was called over by her friends. She looked back at Ariana, who was busy being mesmerized by her. A smile formed on her lips and she noticed the loose trouser and casual shirt Faith had on. Faith did realize that Ariana was watching her and smiling, making her look down and have her beautiful brown hair fall onto her face and hide her blush.

Then Ariana's phone rang. Faith excused herself and Ariana answered it, watching as Faith walked the little way back to her friends. It was Cedar, saying that he urgently needed to talk to her in the woods behind the school. She took one last look at Faith and began to walk to the back of the school in her wedged boots. She put her arms around herself and started jogging till she got there. When she got there, Cedar immediately spotted her and told her that the Le Skull's hacker was killed and that they suspected that it was the Le Gold's doing and they might have sent a spy to gather info.
"What does that have to do with me?" Ariana asked.
"Well, if they realize that you are also an ally of the Le Gold's, then the next thing they'll do is come for you."
"Let them come. They won't know what hit them."
"Ariana, you're indebted to their leader."
"You think I wouldn't have had this planned out? The Le Skulls are bankrupt, and I'm their main source of money as of now. Perhaps they'll attack the Le Goldies to improve their own financial condition, but as long as I'm supplying them with money, they won't come for me. And if they do, they won't know what hit them."
Cedar was quiet for a moment. "Everyone has a breaking point Ariana. Even you."
"What are you trying to say?"
"I know you're not as evil as you try to prove you are, and your main purpose is to avenge your mother, but if you can't be physically hurt, you can definitely be broken emotionally."
"I'm not going to break though. I'm not trying to avenge my mother but instead trying to calm the storm within myself. My mother was broken. She was weak. But I'm not going to be like her. Ever."

Be sure to vote and comment 💕