65

Cedar was then made to sit down near the front, as Diana took his previously occupied space on the witness's stand. It was no secret that Eloise disliked her, having seen her come out of Jackson's room in a fucking bathrobe. She didn't want to judge her, but was unable to help it. Let's hear her story then, Eloise thought.
Officer Elder questioned her and she spoke, "I was there. I saw him plunging the knife into his neck in order to avoid giving Eloise the privilege of being able to say that she killed him."
"Why are you telling us this if you were closely connected to Mr Hannigan Jackson, Miss Diana Taylor?" Burner's lawyer questioned.
"It's because, Eloise here, like her mother, how she had been forced into intimation with Jackson, I was in the same position."

I guess I misjudged her. Eloise thought.

And then Eloise's mother's story was recounted to the judge, Eloise's eyes, silently begging for them to stop, remained ignored. She then stuck to clenching her fists and squeezing her eyes shut. After the retelling of her mother's death, she was inquired if it was true.
"Yes. Yes it was true, but I don't see the point in repeating this story in court!" She almost yelled.
"Yes, there really is no point, shall we return to the case between Burner and Eloise, My Lord?" Burner's lawyer asked.
"This case has proven to be greater than what Mr Burner claimed it to be. Keep all these people in contact. Miss Eloise, Mr Duval, and Mr Burner shall be kept in jail. And find the other woman that was there in the video where Miss Eloise Thorn raised her hands on Mr Burner."
"Don't involve her into this." Eloise requested, but they ignored her. He then announced the date for the next hearing and they were all excused.

When they returned to the prison, Eloise noticed Faith and Officer Elder talking in the investigation room from the small space left in the closing of the door.
"I know. I still don't care." Was all she heard Faith telling him before she was led away to her prison cell. She pondered over it the entire night, and the entirety of the next day, as well as the day after that, and every day till the next hearing came.

Day of third hearing

Faith had visited her every day the entire week. That had been something Eloise had looked forward to in each day. Now it was the day she would stand in court, but unlike Eloise, she would be in the witness's stand. And she was.
"Miss Elder, do you know what that video was of?" Officer Elder asked, after having played the video of Eloise beating Burner up in the headmaster's office, and it was then that Eloise realized that Faith and Officer Elder were related to each other, having the same last name.
"Yes, it was of the day the police came to the school to talk to Eloise. The other officer had left with the headmaster, and Burner had then threatened Eloise. She had firmly responded against the threats, and Burner had attacked her. Eloise had not reacted at all, which had made him angry, so he had thrown her on the ground. I had warned him not to attack a student, but that had infuriated him so he had attacked me. Then Eloise... you can see what happened."
"My Lord, you can see that-" Officer Elder had begun, when he was interrupted.
"My Lord, my client never attacked anyone. There's no proof that this woman is telling the truth-" Burner's lawyer tried to say but was also interrupted.
"I think Miss Elder's words are proof enough that Officer Burner attacked them, so, if you want more proof, we can bring out Mr Duval again, would you want that?" Officer Elder spoke and Burner's lawyer shut up.

Be sure to vote and comment 💕