66

Burner stood up himself. "Any attack from my side was provoked-" he started to yell, but Faith interrupted him. "Mr Burner, instead of raising your voice, why don't you improve your argument? You just admitted that your lawyer was lying about you not attacking anyone anyway. Also, is it not in an officer's training to not be provoked?." She remarked slyly. Eloise felt proud of her, and she grinned. She saw Burner's lawyer face palm and almost laughed. The whole audience seemed to crack up and start talking, but the judge made order return to the court room. He then gestured the lawyers to resume fighting their case.

"My Lord, Miss Thorn has been involved in drug dealing for the past five years." Burner's lawyer declared.
"Ok, now you're not even trying to win, you just want me to be thrown in jail." Eloise said, rolling her eyes.
"Miss Thorn, do you accept or deny that accusation?" Burner's lawyer asked loudly.
"I proudly accept that declaration." Eloise said boldly. Faith let out a small laugh.
"Do you have anything to say about this, Officer Elder?" Asked Burner's lawyer.
"Yes, actually. I looked into that and Eloise has indeed been selling drugs to sick people as cures, and never for a wrong purpose." Officer Elder responded, smiling slightly.
Faith tried to make eye contact with Eloise, who didn't seem to notice, but instead was rolling her eyes as Officer Elder made her sound like an angel.
"Eloise has also prevented many drug supplies to reach certain destinations to be used for the wrong purpose by buying them for double the prices." Officer Elder continued.
"Nevertheless, any kind of drug smuggling is still illegal." Burner's lawyer argued.
"Are there any other accusations your client would like to throw at Miss Thorn, Lawyer Samuel?" The judge asked.

So that's the name of the guy hellbent on getting me the sentence of life imprisonment. Eloise thought.

"Yes. The mysterious nine-minute-and-thirty-six-second government hack conducted six years ago was done by Miss Eloise Thorn, and we have proof." Lawyer Samuel declared and Eloise's eyes widened, as they brought out three computers, "All of these computers, which have her fingerprints, she had used to gain control of the entire government's systems for a complete nine minutes and thirty six seconds, during which, 18 bombs exploded in the city." Lawyer Samuel announced.
"Wait, are you trying to say that I had something to do with the recent hack as well? Because I didn't." Eloise said, almost in disbelief.
"But you do admit that you had something to do with the first one, am I correct?" He asked.
"... Yes." Eloise answered.
"My Lord, as you can see, Miss Eloise was responsible for the seventy-eight deaths that took place six years ago-" Lawyer Samuel was saying when Cedar made yet another dramatic entry.
"No, she was not responsible. Hannigan Jackson and his men forced her to do it, not letting her know of what would happen if she did, but instead the consequences of if she didn't, which was another kidnapped girl's death. After so many years, it was discovered that that girl had not been kidnapped, but was acting as if she had been. Her name is Mia Jackson."
"No! You cannot bring another person into this-"
"Bring Mia Jackson to court for the next hearing." The judge said, interrupting Burner, before announcing the date for the next trial.