47

Almost right after, the police arrived. They stormed into the headmaster's office and announced, "Cedar Duval and Ariana Hayes, you both are under arrest." Ariana looked at Cedar. "I didn't know your surname was Duval." She said as their hands were shackled behind their backs by the officers. As they were being pushed out of the office, Faith suddenly came and hugged Cedar. She spoke quietly in his ear, "Mia leaked the DVDs." The little action did not go unnoticed by Ariana, but she couldn't hear what she had said, and just saw Cedar's almost invisible nod back to her. They were then pushed out of the building and enclosed in a police van. They waited out the ride, not speaking because of the officers sitting with them, and arrived at the police station.

They were pushed out of the van and led into the building. They were put into the single cell there was and had to wait until the chief arrived. They sat quietly until Ariana couldn't stop herself from speaking anymore. "What did Faith tell you?" She voiced her first question. "Nothing important." Cedar said. Ariana groaned. "Come on Cedar. I know you're hiding something." She said. "Well, so are you. There must be some reason behind you not sending me the video and not talking to me the whole day." Cedar fired back. Ariana was quiet for a moment, before saying, "I misplaced my phone." Cedar sighed, "Well, perhaps it was them who got it. And that's why we're here right now." "Well, what are you not telling me?" Cedar sighed again. He knew he couldn't keep this up for long. "Ariana, you have been safe for this long because I deleted the encounter between you, Hailey and that officer, but I also saved Hailey's video on a DVD. But after that too, each time you told me to delete a video from the school's CCTV history, I did, but I also saved it. And yesterday, I discovered that all the DVDs, except for the one of Hailey, were gone." Ariana stared at him in disbelief.

"You saved the videos by storing them on DVDs, and now they're gone?" Ariana asked, displaying hostility. "Yes, and Faith told me that... Mia was the one who took them and gave them to a police officer." Cedar said. "Mia?" Ariana asked with widened eyes. "Yes, Mia." Cedar confirmed. "Mia kissed me last night." Ariana admitted. Cedar looked at her in disbelief. "Mia kissed you? She tried to kiss me a few days ago." Cedar said. "Really? Is she for real? What is she trying to do?" Ariana said in frustration. Cedar shrugged. The chief then arrived. He came into the cell and asked, "Do you two know why you were arrested?"
"No sir." Cedar replied.
"The girl has been arrested for drug dealership, underage drinking, fraud, abuse, and being a murder suspect, and Cedar Duval has been arrested for being her accomplice and helping her to hide the evidence." Another police officer said.
"Ok, first of all, I didn't do most of what you have just enlisted, also, "underage"? I'm eighteen, and more importantly, why did you use his name and call me "the girl"? Sexist much?" Ariana fired.
"We'll call you by your name then. Ariana- wait, that would be wrong. It could only be right if it was your real name, don't you agree?" The chief asked.

Be sure to vote and comment 💕