41

Ariana wanted to attack him, and she probably would have if she didn't hear her favorite sound. Faith was trying to control her laughter by the door. Ariana almost smiled. Perhaps it was only Cedar that noticed, but when the chief and Ariana turned to look at Faith, who immediately quietened down after being hushed by Laila, both of their expressions lightened and the chief actually broke into a smile, which immediately disappeared when Ariana turned back to look at him.

"Well, what I think right now is that you bitches aren't worth my time, so I'm just gonna leave-" Ariana moved away from the desk but the chief spoke,
"You both are going to be taken to your dorms by these officers. Don't struggle or give them a reason to arrest you."
Ariana rolled her eyes, but let the officers go with her. She didn't make eye contact with Faith on the way out, and then, Ariana and Cedar were both separately taken back to their dorms.

Ariana entered her dorm and closed the door before the officers could get a look on what's inside. Immediately, she was engulfed in a hug by Mia. She almost squatted her away like a fly, but stopped herself.
"Oh, Ariana, I tried to warn you by texting you, but you never read my texts. I wanted to return the favor of you bringing me all the way to school after that drunk incident, but I guess I failed-"
"Wait, speaking of my phone..." Ariana patted her coat, took off and tried to brush it out of her boots, and checked everywhere. Her phone wasn't anywhere to be found. She mumbled, "Shit." Then she looked at Mia and said, "You remember that night?"
"Yeah, I do but-"
"What were you doing in that house?" Ariana asked.
"Literally nothing. I was too drunk and I ended up there-"
"Drunk enough to end up at a mansion at the outskirts of the city?"
Mia stared at Ariana. "Look, I swear, I don't remember how I got there-"
"Forget it. Help me find my phone."
The two girls searched the entire dorm room before Mia finally gathered the courage to speak. "You might have lost it-"
"I can't have. It's too precious. It contains confidential information, it must be here!"
After a little more searching, Ariana sat down on her bed, disappointed, her head in her hands. Mia sat down besides her and tried to comfort her, but Ariana wouldn't even let her touch her.
Ariana finally looked up and started ranting.
"I can't lose it! You don't know what was on there. I'm going to be ruined, killed, resurrected and killed again, and Cedar, oh my god, Cedar will freaking bury me! We worked so hard, and it all depends on that one little phone's security. Oh god, they're going to get through it to the worst stuff, aren't they? If they manage to, they will have access to everything! They can do so many things with that! They'll-"
Ariana couldn't say further, because, as it turned out, Mia had used the classic trick to shut a woman up. She had kissed Ariana.

Be sure to vote and comment 💕