45

Ariana lied awake on her bed. The police had left soon after they were sent back to their dorms. She thought of what had occurred that night, after the police fiasco. How she had had to push Mia away and falsely tell her that she wasn't ready for any kind of "romance" in her life. It wasn't true at all. Instead, it was actually that she had feelings for only one person, and unless that person tried to do what Mia did, she wasn't kissing anyone. It felt way too wrong with Mia's lips on hers. She didn't look at Mia in that way. Heck, she still felt uneasy around her. But perhaps that moment developed an understanding between them. Perhaps Ariana could trust her.

It was 4 am, when she decided that she wasn't going to get any sleep that night. She took a shawl and wrapped it around herself before jumping out of the window. She, once again, jumped over the wall and headed towards the beach. Hmm, you would think that they would've done something about this. She saw someone sitting on the sand, all alone, and tried to walk away without disturbing them, but she recognized the person. Of course, it was Faith. Ariana smiled at the coincidence. She considered going and talking to her, but Faith had noticed her already. "Sit by me." Her voice came. Ariana walked over to Faith and sat down beside her. "How long have you been out here?" Ariana asked. "For, about, half an hour, I guess?" Faith replied, not daring to mention Cedar's fiasco and how she had had to force him to go to sleep. Ariana looked at her and noticed her lack of something to keep her warm. She draped her own shawl over Faith so that it covered both of them. Faith smiled. "What are you doing?" She asked. "You're probably freezing. Just trynna help." Ariana replied and Faith raised an eyebrow. "What? I'm trying to be nice here, and that's not common." Ariana said. Faith laughed and shook her head.

They sat in silence for a while, just enjoying each other's company. At one point, they both lied down on the sand and used the shawl as a blanket. "You get really annoyed when anyone says that you and Cedar are dating." Faith stated. "It's because we're not." Ariana replied. "Doesn't seem like it by the amount if time you both spend together." Faith said. "Yeah? Well, so does it by the amount of time you and Marinelle spend together." Ariana said. Faith turned her head to look at Ariana. "There's nothing between us, if that's what you mean." She said. Ariana didn't understand why she felt the urge to believe her that easily, but she still went with it. She let the urge control her and said, "Good, because I'm not sharing you with anyone." Before placing an arm around her waist and cuddling up next to her, snuggling her face in the crook of her neck. She heard Faith laugh lightly, before she started playing with Ariana's hair. She then kissed her on her head and whispered, "Good night."

Be sure to vote and comment 💕