13

"Ariana Parish, your presence in required in the headmaster's office." Ariana sighed when she heard that sentence. Even after having heard it so many times before, she still wasn't used to it. She stood up and left the classroom with a false pretense of confidence, but once she was outside, all alone in the hallway, she slowed. She stood with her back against the wall, leaning on it. She didn't want to go there. She knew what was awaiting her. But, the sad fact was, she couldn't do anything about it. She knew there was no other choice than to go and face the music.

She walked to the office incredibly slow, killing time. She stood outside the office, not wanting to knock on the door. Instead, she pushed the door open, not caring about showing her "manners" and came face to face with Faith, who was just leaving to go look for her. She backed away and announced Ariana's arrival to the occupants of the room. Ariana stepped in and saw two police officers, Leila, and the headmaster. She chewed on the inside of her cheek and folded her arms across her chest. "Ariana! Great to see you again!" The first officer, Mr Burner, with whom she'd had so many encounters, exclaimed. "Drop the damn act and get to the point." She said rudely. "What's the hurry? Why don't we sit down and have a nice chat?" Burner asked, used to her hostile behavior. "Why are they here?" Ariana asked the headmaster, gesturing towards the two heads. "I felt that their presence will do good." He replied. "Why are they here?" Ariana asked again. The headmaster sighed and said, "The heads should remain informed about what goes on in this building." "So they should basically be able to intrude into anyone's business?" She asked and rolled her eyes. The headmaster's telephone rung and he spoke into it. Then he got up and claimed that he needed to leave with the heads. The other officer went with them, Ariana didn't get why.

Once they left, Ariana and Burner had a stare down. "Why're you here again?" Ariana asked, though she already knew the answer. Burner sighed and said, "To continue the investigation." Ariana rolled her eyes. "You don't have to be hostile. Just admit to your crime." "Perhaps I did it, perhaps I didn't." Ariana replied, aggravating him. She didn't have a problem with taking the blame for a dead girl's crime, but she couldn't before having completed the debt. She wasn't going to jail before that. He suddenly advanced and stopped so close to her that she could smell his bad breath. "You're a murderer. Your dad was a murderer-" At that moment, the younger head, Faith entered, Burner moved back, and she said that the headmaster would be taking a while and he needed her to find something in the office. Once the door closed, Burner said, "I'm not going to tell you to leave, but stay away from this conversation and don't let a word leave this room." Faith smiled and said, "Of course, sir." She then went behind the desk to look for whatever. Ariana decided to take advantage of her presence and said, "I don't know what "dad" you are talking about, officer." "That man, Mr Sanders, was it? Or perhaps something else? Different to what the others know?" He replied in a low voice. "So who was the murderer?" Ariana asked, pretending to be curious. "You. You, you father, your mother, you all were murd-"

Be sure to vote and comment 💕