28

"What the heck is wrong with you?" Faith asked after Ariana repeatedly shot disrespectful words at her.
"Stop fucking around and try to do something you're actually good at."
"I literally don't know what you're trying to say."
"You seriously don't get it? Have you seen your face in the mirror? You think any guy could ever want you? Or anyone would want to be "friends" with you? I don't even know how you survived all those years at school, with the embarrassment you have you call a face!" Ariana let the words fly out of her mouth, not that she wanted to, but perhaps it would be for the better.
Faith stared at her with narrowed eyes. "I have seen my face in the mirror, and I quite like how it looks, thank you. I'm not fishing for men either."
I love your confidence. Ariana didn't let those words escape from her mouth. Instead, she laughed bitterly. "You really think so? Wow. Not only are you a stubborn bitch, you're also an arrogant one!" She exclaimed.
Faith folded her arms across her chest and said, "I know what you're trying to do."
"What? All I'm trying is to make you realise that you're not worth mine, or anyone else's time."
Faith then smirked, "You're trying to drive me away, just like you have done with everyone else when they tried to get close to you."
Ariana was quiet for a moment. "You're quite a mouthful, aren't you?"
Faith laughed. "You are the one who's cursing me out!" She said in a disbelieving tone.
"Perhaps because you deserve being cursed at."
"That doesn't even make any sense!" Faith yelled incredulously.
"Well, to me it does." Ariana said stubbornly.
"Why are you doing this?"
"Doing what?"
"Trying to drive me away! You didn't do that until now when your car suddenly blew up!"
"Perhaps because I want to protect you from that if it ever happens again in the future!" Ariana said. Then turned away and folded her arms.
Faith softened. She knew Ariana had secrets; a secret second life, a secret reason behind her bitterness, and she wanted to know those reasons, but she wasn't going to ask. She would wait till Ariana told her herself, and she believed that that day would be sure to come.

"C'mon, we'll have to walk a long way before we can get transport." Ariana said and they both started to walk on the side of the road. Unfortunately, it turned out that no public transport was active for the day, so they had to walk more. They were silent the entire way, but at one point, Faith pulled Ariana's hand in hers and intertwined her fingers with hers. Ariana knew she shouldn't let it happen, but she didn't do anything to stop it. For all she knew, it might be the last time they could ever be together. So, she held her hand with no wish to let go, but when they arrived at the school, they had to. Neither had wanted to, but both had duties to fulfil.

Be sure to vote and comment 💕