64

Burner's lawyer then asked, "Are you seriously going to place such accusations on him now, Miss Thorn?"
"Well, at least they're not fake, unlike most of his."
"How can you declare they're not fake?"
Eloise was about to answer, when somebody in the audience stood up. "Because I was the one who took these video extracts, and I can tell you that this video was not the complete one, as its beginning has been tampered with, perhaps even deleted."
Everyone turned to look at the person who had spoken up. Eloise's eyes widened, as did Burner's upon seeing Cedar there.

Cedar was requested to come and stand in the witness's aisle. He came up and took his place there. Officer Elder questioned him.
"Mr Duval, is that your correct name? Okay." He continued upon Cedar's nod. "May I ask you why this video came into Officer Burner's hand, if you were the one to extract them?"
Eloise could see Burner and his lawyer arguing with their eyes. It seemed that they had tried to prevent Cedar from getting to court, but he had gotten past that obstacle, or, at least that was what Eloise could understand.
"This video, and others were safely with me, until someone betrayed me and took these from my dorm when I wasn't there."
"Who was this traitor, Mr Duval?"
"Mia Jackson, daughter of Hannigan Jackson, who committed suicide, upon fearing that Eloise will end his life, only a few weeks ago."

Burner's lawyer stood up. "This is preposterous, My Lord. These people are connecting one case to several others for no due reason!"
"Objection overruled." The judge declared. Officer Elder thanked him.
"Mr Duval, why did you take these extracts?"
"Whenever I'd be told to delete something from the CCTV footage, I would take a copy if that part, because I knew something like this would happen, or that these videos would be needed someday. The video Mia had failed to give was shown in the first hearing."
"Yes, Mr Duval provided me with that, after looking at which, Officer Burner is being kept in the prison during when hearings are not being held."
Burner's lawyer stood up. "Mr Duval, am I not right in saying that you were involved in all of Miss Eloise's crimes? What with deleting CCTV footage and, if I remember correctly, wasn't Miss Hayley your girlfriend? Why would you try to hide her death?"
"Because we knew that Hailey wouldn't want her name being thrown around in the city when her parents were in such a state, old and sick, it would only hurt them more, after her death due to a police officer, but of course, that's all thrown out of the window now that Burner has decided to bring it up again." Eloise said.
Burner's lawyer turned to her. "Your informal way of referring to Mr Burner just seems to speak more about your feudal hatred for him, Miss Eloise."
"Well, why shouldn't it? You all already know that he's been on the top of my hitlist, right after Jackson, but I don't refer to court for everything, and that just makes me a bad person because I like to handle my matters myself."
"Does that mean that you're confessing to killing Mr Jackson, and proving that he did not commit suicide?"
Officer Elder stood up. "Actually, I have a witness to shed light on that matter." And he brought in Diana.

Be sure to vote and comment 💕