26

"You haven't even entered the school and you're already starting fights?" Cedar asked and laughed.
"They deserved it." Ariana simply said .
Cedar then changed the topic. "So, how much money left before you're finally free?"
"Actually, that wouldn't be freedom, more like imprisonment, inside my own jumbled thoughts about getting killed the next second, which I won't be able to get through. Maybe call it... "solitary confinement". And to your question, thirty seven."
"And what are you gonna do after that?"
"Go hunting."
"Hunting for the predator who made your mother his prey?"
Ariana looked at him. He seemed to realize what he had just said, and opened his mouth, but Ariana didn't let him speak. She put up her hand to stop him. She gave him a cold hard look and took a deep breath. And another, and another, to calm herself. Then she said,
"Yes, Cedar. And this time, he's going to be the prey, whereas I'll be the predator." She walked away, once again, without another word.
I seem to be walking away a lot these days. She thought.

*_*

"Why? Where are you going?" Ariana asked Faith.
"To the bookseller across the town to get the books for the school." Faith said, rolling her eyes.
"Alone? And what about the teachers? Can't they do it?"
Faith stared at her. "No. Laila was supposed to go with me, but she's busy."
"Then, I'll take you. I'll drive you there and back here."
"You have a car? And a license?"
"Yes, a car, no, not necessarily a license."
Faith laughed. "You're like the ideal bad girl."
Ariana smiled. She loved Faith's laugh, specially when she was the reason behind it. "No, not really ideal, to be honest."
"Well then, the ultimate bad girl."
Ariana, too, laughed. "Just because I drive without having a license?"
"Yeah. That's what every bad boy or bad girl does."
"Are you stereotyping me?"
"No. I mean, I kinda am, but you're different."
"Different, how?"
Faith stopped and turned sideways to look at her. "You just are." She said after a pause and booped her on the nose.
Ariana laughed at the childish action, as Faith bounced away to fulfill her duties, well not really bounce, but her short brown hair were bouncing behind her, and Ariana loved every second of it.

*_*

Cedar and Mia discussed what Ariana had said, with their hands on the keyboards, hoping that it'd be of use. They sat with computers in front of them, with loaded screens, much different to most people's screens in the world, breaking the fourth security code. Hacking was something, that if you let go of the code, or even slightly messed up, you would be put back at the beginning. Mia didn't want to trust Ariana for a second, so instead, she broke the last three security codes to prove that Ariana's advice was unneeded. But the result was, the computer getting hung, warm, and, as thousands of directories worth of information with further security loaded in, the computer crashed, never to work again.

Be sure to vote and comment 💕