43

Monday, February

It was 2 am. It was obvious that, after all that happened that night, she wasn't going to get any sleep, and neither were Cedar or Ariana. Cedar's roommate was gone for a few days with his parents.

Faith sat in Cedar's dorm room, waiting for him to return. She began looking around and her eyes fell on a DVD sticking out of its cover. The cover stated, "Hailey's Last". Faith knew Hailey was the name of the girl that had died in the school the year before she became head. She had never really talked to her, but she knew that Cedar used to date her before she died. She wondered what the DVD was about, and her curiosity got the best of her. She inserted the DVD into Cedar's laptop, which had been left open, and waited for it to load. A video started, and it appeared to be CCTV footage, but not of that day. The date was displayed on the corner of the screen, and it was of the date Hailey had died, of what were probably the last moments of her life.

It the video, a police officer seemed to be forcing himself on a student, which Faith identified to be Hailey. Hailey struggled, and could've escaped or gotten help, but the officer held a gun up to silence her, and then pinned her to the wall. He then tried to go further. Faith saw another girl appear, and witness what was happening. She didn't do anything for a bit, and Faith was afraid that she would just let it happen, but the girl then shook her head and attacked the officer. He dropped Hailey and his gun and the girl hit him repeatedly. She twisted his leg and kicked him in the head. She breathed heavily and turned to face Hailey. In all the commotion, she had picked up the gun. She stared at it as the girl tried to talk to her, but then... Hailey shot herself. Faith watched in horror, as did the girl, as Hailey's knees hit the ground first, and then her whole body. The girl looked around, and Faith saw her face. It was Ariana. Faith gasped. Ariana tried to flee the scene but another officer arrived. The video ended.

The laptop suddenly snapped shut and Faith looked up to see Cedar looking down at her. There wasn't a hint of emotion on his face, no disappointment, no concern, no anything. Faith stood up and stared right at him. He placed the laptop on his bed and looked at her. Faith had no idea where to begin asking him about what she saw. At last, Cedar sighed and said, "I'm sure you have a lot of questions, perhaps some you can't even voice out. Look, I know that you care for Ariana, and she probably doesn't want you knowing anything about her life yet. But, I guess, since you have watched this video, I'm going to need to tell you everything. Ariana should, and it's probably not my place to, but I think this is the right thing to do right now."

Be sure to vote and comment 💕