25

"Yeah, like when a huge system gets hacked and the whole of it shuts down." He seemed to casually say.
"Hah, but that takes much more. You can't just shut off a big system by a single hack. Specially if it's highly protected."
"Yeah, but what else could it take? I can't even think of it."

Ariana had experience. Ariana knew what it took to hack into extremely huge systems. She trusted Cedar, so she let spill, "Well, you should first hold an incomplete hack on one device, then you can conduct a complete hack on another device, which will cause some info to fill in for a few seconds, but you can then complete the last hack's code from the first computer, so the second computer will corrupt and cause the big system to completely shut down, and that will mean that the information from the big system will start spilling into the first system."
Cedar went quiet for a moment. Ariana doubted he understood anything but Cedar then said, "But where will so much information be stored? If it's a large system, it will have a lot of information."
"Well, you could upload it into a private website to which no one else has access." Ariana paused. Then she added, "But of course no one can hack into a huge enough system to need a private website to upload the information. I don't see why you want to know."
"Oh, I was just curious."
"You know curiosity killed the cat. And don't say that satisfaction brought it back to life. It was a cat. With nine lives. You're not a cat. You only have one."

Cedar left her, but she stayed there. Among the entering students, she saw Faith too, talking to someone, and then a young girl came up to her and poked her repeatedly in a playful manner. Faith turned and smiled at the roughly 5 or 6 year old girl and picked her up. Eloise's heart warmed at the sight, as she watched Faith hug and play with her and poke her back.

*_* (I literally don't know anything about hacking, that was just plain creativity, not)

Ariana tried to go to her dorm without anyone, or more specifically, Faith, taking notice of her. But of course, she did, and waved to her. Ariana waved back, pretending as though she wasn't trying for Faith to leave her unseen. They greeted each other and just chatted, until Faith had to leave for her head duties. She waved and skipped away, making boys whistle after her. When she did get out of sight though, Ariana's eyes narrowed. She went over to those boys and smiled sweetly,
"Hey!" She acted like a girly girl, twirling her hair and pretending to flirt.

One of the boys pulled her close, Ariana smiled and put one of her hand on his collar. He smiled and pulled her closer, and that was when the punch came. Ariana's fist connected with his eye, hard enough to make it turn dark. She was unsure of what had actually caused the rage to build up inside her, or perhaps she knew, but didn't want to admit it to herself. When the other boys went to try to help him, they also got hit. Hard. She then folded her arms and bent down, bringing her face closer to them, as she told them in an audible whisper, "I hope you've understood to keep your hands and eyes to yourselves from now, as you wouldn't receive this soft a warning again."
And with that, she walked to the inside of the building, her head held high, enjoying the stares on her.

Be sure to vote and comment 💕