56

Cedar looked at her in disbelief, before dropping the phone and stumbling back. Eloise quickly grabbed it from the ground and looked at him worriedly. Cedar clutched his head and Eloise stepped closer to him.
"Hey, Cedar?" She asked softly, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Straighten up. You're coming with me to end him." She continued.
"I can't." Cedar said.
Eloise dropped her hands. "What do you mean you can't? I don't mean to be selfish, knowing that it's just my mother-"
"It's not about you being selfish, but... I'm sorry Eloise." Cedar looked up at her. "I'm not coming with you."
Eloise looked at him in shock and felt the tiniest bit betrayed, though she believed it was because of his own past's weight. "I know I'm being thoughtless-"
"I'm sorry Eloise." He repeated in a firmer tone and Eloise stepped back. She stared at him for a bit, before turning and walking away quickly. Cedar called out behind her, "Davies has filed a case against you!"
Eloise didn't care. She didn't stop or turn, just kept walking, directed by the app on Asher's phone.

On the way, she bought a gun and two knives, just in case she came to face her sworn enemy. The app directed that the mobile phone she was tracking was in a black van. She saw people coming and debated on hiding and following once the car drove off, but then just moved and stuffed herself inside the back of the van, unnoticed by the pair of men who sat in the front, one driving and the other in the passenger seat. The car drove off and Eloise noticed the phone she was tracking was too, in the back of the van, on the seat right behind the front ones, from where it could easily be reached. She moved to the back of the van, holding its walls to steady herself, before curling up into a ball so as to remain unnoticed if they ever tried to get the phone by reaching out from the front. She silenced Asher's phone and waited for a long time, unable to listen in into the men's conversation. The van finally came to a stop and Eloise moved back, to behind the front seats. There was some stuff in the back of the van anyway, so she was sure they'd come from the back to get it.

The van was pretty long, so when the back slid open, the men couldn't immediately see her. One of them stepped inside the van to get some of the stuff, but was met by Eloise's fist. The other man came to check out the reason behind the first man's yelp, and he was met by the underside of Eloise's boot, inside of which was her foot. She tied them down to the floor of the van by a rope taken from the stuff they had kept there. She took away their weapons and their cellphones. She then held a gun up in front of them to intimidate them.

Be sure to vote and comment 💕