70 (Alternate ending)

Eloise stepped out of the huge building where justice and punishment was provided, with Faith by her side. Cedar had already left in the previous vehicle, and now, just the two of them had to return to Edgewood. The court had also taken care of the debt, and Eloise was free from it now.
"I feel sorry for Mia." Eloise said.
"The poor girl was mentally unstable when she committed all those crimes." Faith said.
"Yeah... What do you think about Burner?"
"If there's anyone I don't want to think about, it's him. I have no opinion."
"Damn, I also have to track Asher and buy him a new phone."
"What happened to his?"
"It got destroyed in the chaos of the gang house probably."
"The phone you texted me I'm sorry from?"
"Yes."
Eloise smiled. "I'm sorry." She then said, looking at the ground.
"Again? And for what anyway?" Faith asked.
"For yelling those hurtful things, after the accident of the car."
"Aye, it's alright. It was a reflection of how you felt about yourself. Your behaviour with people you don't know is."
"What do you mean?"

"You hated yourself for placing me and all those around you in danger. You yelled all those things because... You were angry at yourself. A person's behaviour describes what they feel about themselves. It isn't your fault what happened to you... Happened. What happened to Cedar or your mother was not your fault. Hardships are only given to those whom God believes have the strength to go through them and come out fine, or to whom God wants to forge the strongest soldiers from. Cedar told me everything beforehand, as you might know. I know you tried to protect others, but were misguided on how to do it. Everyone saw you as rude and hateful, but really, you knew they were all equal, no one was superior or inferior and deserved respect, but you were just trying to help them. You never meant to hurt anyone-"

"Though your words are wise, I did mean to hurt-"
"So that they wouldn't like you and wouldn't talk to you, because you believed that it would endanger them."
Eloise looked at Faith. "I... Don't know what to say."
"Talking about that car accident, what happened to the guy that caused it?" Faith asked.
"He had been threatened. He's still alive somewhere. I hope he is happy now. He had had a hard life. Like my mother did, and she was never able to be happy, what with dad's disloyalty, and his punishment being given to her..."

"You never hated your mother. You claimed you did, but that was untrue, or you wouldn't have had wanted to avenge her, by which you needed to avenge yourself. You didn't torture him. You didn't make his life as torturous so that he would wish for death. You weren't even able to kill him, yet you're still calm because you know God will avenge you. You didn't physically hurt yourself, but you did emotionally. Yet you're still here. You aren't depressed, and you're smiling even after all that. You're the strongest woman in my eyes. You survived, Eloise."

There was silence. Faith then spoke, "It's really over, isn't it?"
"Yes, but the memories will always stay."
"We may look back, but we shouldn't stare at our past."
"At least some memories will be good to look at." Eloise said.

Eloise took a deep breath. She closed her eyes in the evening sun and opened them again.
"You're the most beautiful creature to step foot on this Earth, you know? No, hear me out." Eloise stopped Faith from interrupting her. "You saved me from my wish of finding peace in death. You understood me more than anyone, even myself, ever has. You're wise, you have beautiful hands that I want to hold, mesmerising eyes that I can look into forever, a voice so captivating, it's that soothing music which also gives you courage. You didn't tell me to change. You accepted me. I thank God for your existence. I wouldn't have survived without you. I love seeing you laugh, I feel happiness when you're happy. You've given me courage and you were there for me. You're admirable, a great inspiration. You are magnificent, Faith Elder. I adore you, more than as a friend, and I don't know how or when it happened, but I have come to love you, without regret."
Faith looked at her, taken aback by her words. Her eyes showed her disbelief of her ears, and she couldn't speak.

"I believe that, God only lets two people meet, so that they can learn a lesson from the other, or be together. He controls feelings, and having made them out of our control, they are what we must have trust in, because they are our true guidance... We can't force them. We can't stop them. We can't control them... Eloise... I never thought... That my feelings could be reciprocated." Faith replied.

Eloise and Faith looked at each other. Half-smiles lit their faces.
"You know that damn awkward conversation we had about exploring the sea verses space?" Eloise asked.
"Yeah... It was a weird one." Faith laughed lightly.
"If it will make you happy, we can explore the skies together too, not just the seas." Eloise said, taking Faith's hand.
Faith laughed, and a damn beautiful laugh it was.

"Let me try something." Faith said, before moving closer, placing her other hand so it cupped her face, and connecting their lips together in a kiss that stated their forever.